10.30.2006

Wedding, dresses, snow, and jello thighs

This past weekend I went home for one of my cousin's wedding. It was such a beautiful wedding and we all had so much fun! It was the first time all of us cousins were in the same place at the same time .... ever! So, we were bound and determined to get a photo! Now that was fun! There were 28 of us ranging from the ages of 4 to 32! How crazy is that! And, now there are three great grandchildren, all born within a 3 month period!!

During our short period of time at home, my sisters and I were able to hit up three bridal shops and finally find the bridesmaid dress for my sis' wedding! I am so pumped! It is beautiful...and the color my sister was looking for! I am so excited and ready to dance the night away!

Today, Mother Nature was bound and determined to shake things up a bit around the state of ND. Yesterday, in Bismarck, it was close to 70 degrees, and I am assuming it was similar in the GF, but this morning it was below 35 degrees and by mid afternoon it looked like a full-fledged blizzard outside our classroom window! I couldn't believe it! We were expected to get up to 5 inches of snow with wind gusts up to 45 mph. With that in mind, our Superintendent decided to postpone parent-teacher conferences (thank you Mother Nature)! I was so pumped to just be able to get home! It took us nearly an hour to drive a 35 minute drive! Craziness! We'll see what the weather is like in the AM, we might be starting later than usual!

Now that I have taken a few days off after my wonderful 5 miles of hills (which by the way did leave my ankles feeling a bit achy, Neese, and wore me out, Jess), I am attempting to get back into things! Tonight I just did my Sculpting video that worked almost every muscle in the body...leaving my thunder thighs feeling like jello! Tomorrow I hope to get in 2-3 miles on the track, and then 45 minutes of SPIN on Wednesday. That is as far ahead as I am planning...for now!

Today's Workout:
40 min. Turbo Sculpt
278 calories

Happy Runnings, y'all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That weather sounds insane! We have just been getting rain, rain, and more rain for weeks now. I feel like I'm going to float away!

Jess said...

That weather sounds typical of the region this time of year. I knew those hills were gonna leave you weak in the knees (hee, hee).

MNFirefly said...

OMG! I feel so bad for you. Snow..ick! It's SO cold down that it's horrible.