10.06.2006

I HATE fractions

I HATE fractions. I hate teaching them. I think of all things to teach in a resource room...fractions have GOT to be the hardest!

I am most definitely all FRACTIONED out today.

I was about ready to pull my hair out today... and I really usually have a lot of patience.... No matter what I did, they just wouldn't get it! You think it would be a little bit easier...especially if you are to use visuals and such, but NOOOOO... I went over it again and again and again with a couple of my students, and they still didn't understand what they were doing or why they were doing it.

I love math.

It makes sense to me.

But, teaching it can sometimes be overwhelming. Oh well. I am just hoping maybe it was an "off" day for them. It is Friday and all.... hmm...

5 comments:

MNFirefly said...

I don't mind the fractions...just don't like to explain math period.

Neese said...

well, i get 18 ~ LOL. i'm not a math person. sorry it's been frustrating though, remember tho: weekend = wine and relaxing :)

Unknown said...

I enjoy math as well, but I agree about the difficulty so far with teaching it to students. I have little experience and am just starting my math methods courses so hopefully I will learn some good strategies to help me out in that area. Good Luck!

Taunya said...

I know what you mean. I'm horrible trying to explain math concepts to my daugther. She's given up on me.

Jenny said...

Oh I'm sure it must have been the Friday-syndrome. I don't think I've ever learned anything on a Friday :-)