10.01.2006

Hello October

With the beginning of a new month, I was looking over my running log for September. I wasn't too impressed with my 22 miles I put on my shoes. Not impressed at all. And then, I was looking at my other stats, and realized that I only got on my bike once!

I think taking a two week break from running to adjust to life as a resident teacher, spending a good amount of time with my head either in the books or behind my laptop, was a good choice. I just needed to adjust. I lose a lot of sleep during the week. Which means I end up sleeping a lot on the weekends. Which is fine, but I slept straight through the baseball game on friday night. I wasn't to happy about that.

So, I have been adjusting. I know I can handle it. It has just been an adjustment period for me. I have been learning how to manage my time. With being a resident teacher, I have assignments and projects coming in all directions. Research project, student charting, preparing lessons, reading articles, reading books, night class projects, etc. I have learned to bring reading assignments with me to school. That way, when I have a student gone, or some down time, I can get some reading for class done. This has really helped.

On a lighter note, hello October! I do like October. And it feels and looks like October. The leaves are changing colors and some are falling from the trees. The air was crisp this morning with a nice breeze. Perfect running weather. Just perfect. Reminds me of those days, way back when, when my sisters and I would wear our sweat pants and sweat shirts and rake leaves. Raking the leaves into the biggest pile possible just to jump in them. Ahhh, memories!

Happy October, y'all! Get out there and enjoy it while we have it! Before we know it, some of us will be waking up to snow on the ground!

* * * * 8 months, or 34 weeks, or 223 days left of school! * * * *

8 comments:

Brooke said...

My stats for Sept. weren't so good either, let's both vow to do better in October!!

Anonymous said...

You can do it, donot push yourself too hard! Love Fall, going up north next weekend , should be fun.
Go Twins! Go Wild!

Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up - we all have our priorities. There will always be time to run.

Neese said...

22 miles is still further than most of what america runs in a month :) plus you HAVE been busy exericising your brain so you are just fine! Happy October! i like the leaves memory.

xo

MNFirefly said...

Let go of September and focus on October.

Jess said...

It's hard finding a balance between so many things; don't be hard on yourself.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. It is impossible to do it all!

cdoc said...

I miss ND weather, that is sad to say. We probably won't even have snow here by the time I leave. Oh well, I will be back to Midwest weather in no time! Enjoy school, it is part of your journey and will be well worth it in the end!