10.02.2006

Fun & Wellness

Sis and I planned to attend a spin class tonight at 5:15. Let's just say we didn't make it early enough to save two of the twenty seats. So, wednesday we will be trying it again.

Instead, since most of the machines were taken (note to self...gym is very busy during early dinner hours), we decided to do a few laps. Just as we were finishing our lap to mark 1.5 miles, there was an announcement over the loud speakers. "Come join us in the 'Burnt Toast' room to learn how to make a healthy fetticini alfredo." Why not? So we joined a handful of other people and learned how to cook a healthy meal. Plus...we got to have some when it was done! As nice as it sounded, the food was TOO healthy! Wheat fetticini, soy milk and beans as the main ingredients in the alfredo sauce, and dried tomatoes... Too much! Tasted like nasty baby food...

Anyway. I did get some exercise in... and when we got home...I immediately started on dinner. Homemade chicken and wild rice soup (with onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, & ham)....mmmm ... that hit the spot!

I am hoping to get in at least 3 miles tomorrow night after class! It feels so good to be running again!

Happy Running, y'all!

3 comments:

cdoc said...

I like wheat pasta way better than white pasta, and I can tell the difference in the energy it gives me. But I am not sure about the soy part, I am not the biggest fan of it, but know it is good for me.

MNFirefly said...

OMG!! That food description sounded AWFUL.

Lora said...

mmmm Homemade chicken soup....girl you're singing my song!!!