10.26.2006

Randomness

Tuesday night I went out for dinner with my sister, her fiance, my two cousins and one of their boyfriends. It was soooo much fun. We went to a local family Japanese restaurant and we had our own little private room. My cousin had ordered a pot of Sake and I was hesitant to try it. It was like a warm rice wine. Who likes their acohol warm? But, I must add it was wonderful!

I was hoping to do a late night workout afterwards, but I caved for peer pressure and went out for ONE drink with a bunch of friends for a 21st birthday. Yeah, such a dare devil! On a school night even!

Yesterday I hit up the gym before my 7 o'clock class. My intentions were to jog/walk a mile or so and then Spin for 45 minutes. Well, let's just say my heart rate monitor watch was not correct on its time and I was late for grabbing a bike. Darnit! I was so disappointed! You know, you get in a mind-set of what you are going to do and then when it doesn't workout, it is hard to change your frame of mind and do something else. Or at least it is for me. But, I was already sweating and I had an hour to kill before having to shower, so I got back on the thrillmill and did some hills. Yikes! By the time I was done, I had covered 5 miles! 5 miles! I was so worried that I was going to be sore today, but not too bad. I am hoping to get to the gym in the AM for a couple miles and some upper arm lifting, but we will have to see. I have been struggling with getting up and doing that, even when I do have my bag packed and everything ready to go the night before. I just CAN'T get my lazy ars out of bed! Maybe I will just get up and do one of my workout videos! Hmmm....

Happy Runnings, y'all!

Wednesdsay's Workout:
5 miles thrillmill - hills
723 calories

10 comments:

Taunya said...

I love sake in the Fall/Winter! I hate it too when my workout plans fall through--glad to see that you did end up working on the dreadmill.

MNFirefly said...

Awesome job on the work-out.

Anonymous said...

good workout! hills on the mill tend to hurt my ankles glad you are not feeling any pain.

Anonymous said...

Nice sweater, matches your hair !:)

Liv said...

Way to salvage the workout!

Mmmm.... sake....

Deb said...

Hard to shift gears when you had your mind set on a workout...but look at you! Running 5 miles instead was awesome!!!!
And no...I DON'T mind my sake warm. ;)

Jess said...

Hills on the mill wear me out -- you're a trooper!

Lora said...

Great workout!!

Orange is YOUR COLOR GIRL!!

Anonymous said...

Sake. That is not my drink but so many people love it. glad you had fun.

Anne said...

I use the same strategy -- get everything ready the night before, given it might take a few minutes of convincing for me to actually get out of bed. Congrats on the treadmill workout -- 5 miles is pretty impressive, especially so if they involved hills.