10.15.2006

Thanks, Runners

Thanks from all you who gave me advice on the ever-annoying leg pain! I really appreciate it. I thought I would let you all know that I not only appreciate it, but I am using it wisely! I have stretched my calves twice today, once when I woke up this morning, then once after purchasing a stretch band after work this evening. I went to my usual place to look for shoes and got some wonderful help from a handsome gentleman! He wasn't too keen on the idea of me buying the same shoes, and made me try on a $170 pair of shoes! Yeah, right. Plus, they were a half size too big (sure made it a whole lot easier to pass on). I then tried the same one's I have right now and really noticed how much my current shoes were worn! WOW! I just had so much success with these shoes that I just HAD to get them... again!

(
sorry about the pic...with NO makeup...eeks. EDITED PHOTO: THANKS TO NEESE!)

Now, I plan to take 3-4 days off from running. I am thinking that I might hit the thrillmill wednesday evening to give the new shoes a test spin. In the meantime, I hope to get on the bike and do some spin tomorrow night (thinking that it won't affect my shins too much, and I will be able to get in a great cardio workout), stretch a couple times a day, and hopefully find a yoga class that I can get into this week. We don't have school on thursday and friday, and I don't have my night class on tuesday or wednesday, so I will have some extra time on my hands!

Thanks for all the advice and support! Happy running, y'all!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Gotta love new shoes. Hope they help keep any aches and pains at bay. Enjoy the few days of rest.

Anonymous said...

new shoes definately helped me get over my leg niggles a couple of months ago. Hope they do the same for you.

MNFirefly said...

Awesome job on the shoes! I hope your leg feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

i didn't laugh at the "no makeup", but the door knob decoration sure cracked me up! :))

asics are great, i have a similiar pair except mine are a dark blue.

sounds like you have a good plan laid out, i hope the leg pain subsides

Jess said...

New shoes might be my favorite part of being a runner!

Hope your calf feels better soon!

Lance Notstrong said...

Yoga.....gotta love the yoga :-)

Anonymous said...

Nice shoes and great a pic! Have fun working out!

Phil said...

If your running store guy wouldn't let you buy the same shoe, you need a new running store. I walk into my running store every 400+ miles with my current pair of ASICS in hand and walk out with a new pair in 20 minutes. That's the way it suppose to work, unless you walk in with a problem, you should be able to walk out a happy camper with the same shoe.

Deb said...

New shoes!...FUN!!!!! Many moons ago New Balance was my brand, but my current poison (and for life) is Nike. They woke up and started to expand their shoes...literally. Not so narrow anymore. Doesn't hurt that my man works for them! Have fun with a little time off.

a.maria said...

sweet! those are what i run in!