10.10.2006

Today's workout

My workout today was not so successful. I went to the gym shortly after I got out of class with the full intention of doing a few miles; maybe four if all went well. Let's just say all didn't go well. I got on the thrillmill and instantly my knees were in pain. Usually that pain subsides once I get my stride down, but that wasn't the case today. So I switched to the eliptical machine, hoping something with a little less impact would be better. I was only able to get a little over a mile in on that before I was bored. I then got back on the thrillmill hoping that I "warmed" up my legs enough to run. That was not the case. I only got a mile in and even though my knees were feeling better, I just had to stop. My shin was bothering me again. I can only think of a few possible reasons why my run didn't go as I would have liked.

  • One, I pushed myself too hard on Sunday, the day after a race.
  • Two, my shoes have reached the point where they just aren't going to work, and need to be replaced soon.
  • Or three, I just didn't have it in me today.
I don't know which one it was exactly, and it could have been all three. Right now, there are a few things I need to take care of before I get back out there; have my shoes checked out and possibly replaced, rest, and ...... listen to my body.

3 comments:

Lance Notstrong said...

Hmmmmm, yeah, don't run with worn our shoe, you can hurt yourself.

MNFirefly said...

Hang in there. Shoe shopping is a coming. :)

Jenny said...

Oh dear, that sounds painfully familiar :-) Take it easy and check those shoes!