6.11.2006

Weekend in Review...

The weekend is closing in and I kinda feel as if I got quite a bit accomplished. Looking at my To Do list:
  • complete CI final exam (from last weeks class) - CHECK
  • read Ch. 1-6 in SPED Law - CHECK
  • complete review paper on Brown vs. Board of Ed. (yeah...oh wait, not so much) - CHECK
  • Complete Ch. 1&2 chapter study guides for Methods class - CHECK
  • Read Ch. 3&4 for Behav. Mgt. class and complete assignment - CHECK
  • Start working on Methods cards - CHECK
  • Run 6 GREAT miles! - CHECK
I completed everything! And, it is only 7:55 on Sunday. Wahoo! Go me! I finished my CI final exam just in time to .... watch... NBA playoffs... by myself. Oh. Oh well. Don't pitty me! I will probably doing some work on my methods cards while watching the game. I am a big girl! I can handle it!

On top of all that wonderful homework, I was able to get out and about a little this weekend. No, I didn't do any sort of partying, but I did get out saturday afternoon. My sister and I went to the Art Fest that was taking place in town. There was quite the crowd despite the weather. It was kind of warm, but there was a chilly breeze that made dressing appropriate almost impossible.

After walking through all the booths and not spending any money we went home to have lunch. We decided to pass on the Indian Tacos although they sounded sooooo good...but tooooo expensive.

After doing some more homework.... we decided to hit up a movie. Sis had two free movie passes so we took advantage of them. We went to The Breakup! I was kind of weary of going when it first came out, do to my recent breakup in april. And I will admit, there were some sappy parts that hit home, but made me realize that I am not the only person who has gone through a break up like this... a break up that happens after 4+ years of dating.... (sorry for any family that was unaware of this and reads my blog....) But, it was a wonderful movie and I love Jenifer Aniston and Vince Vauhn. I highly recommend it!

On a running note...yes I completed my scheduled 6 miles today! ... . .. and then some! I went an extra 0.2 of a mile to see how long it would take me to complete a 10K. I have never run 10K before. EVER! so, I ran it today... in 1:11:27! Yippee! I was so excited when I was done! And boy, was I ready to be done when I hit 6.2 miles. My left lower calf was bothering me again, but I stuck in there and completed it!

Oooh.... gotta jet! Game is about to start! GO MIAMI!!!!!! Ooooh... Elliot Yamin is singing the National Anthem... See ya!

4 comments:

Backofpack said...

Hey, thanks for commenting on my blog! I guess you probably found me through Rob, huh?

So are you preparing to become a teacher? Good job on all that studying and the 10K distance today - you sound like you are just about my speed!

Joe said...

Great job on the 10K. I like doing that too -- that is, adding a little bit more to a training run to reach a standard race distance. I like your style...

SRR said...

I hate "to-do" lists!

Donald said...

Sometimes I can dream of nothing I'd rather do than sit on the couch and watch an NBA playoff game by myself. It will never happen for me, though.

It's funny how we always want what others have.

Nice job on the 10K.