6.08.2006

Training...change in schedule

Well, I switched to a different running schedule. My parents found a running coach on runnersworld.com. So, I checked it out.

I was impressed. With that schedule, I was able to keep up the miles, but not have to run as often during the week. This will allow me to do some good cross-training and hopefully keep myself from getting injured.

So, with this change in schedule, I was scheduled to run 5 miles today. Again. I just did that sunday! So I wasn't too excited about it. Bad attitude I guess.

But, I got up this morning. Stretched, really good. Watched a little of the Today show. Then finally picked myself up off the floor and headed for the gym.

It was nice. The gym was almost empty and it was actually cool in there and you could breath! Usually it is so warm and humid that it is miserable to workout in there.

Anyway, I hopped on the treadmill and took off. I did some walking again. I just wanted to complete the mileage. And I did. In the same amout of time as sunday. Wonderful! Not that time matters too much to me right now, but it gives me something to compare to.

Now, after a good 1/4 mile cool down, I stretched. Oh boy. sore already. Is that good or bad? My left calf, the lower portion, is a little sore. So, when I am done writing this I am going to ice it. Hopefully that will help.

Well, now I must spend the rest of this beautiful day studying. I am not used to all this reading and studying and assignments! But it is making me smarter! Doesn't that count for something?!

3 comments:

SRR said...

You're doing great!

Taunya said...

The milage, not the timings, is what matters. You did the distance and feel great about it. Good for you!

Studying is a necessary evil. Can't say that I look fondly back on those days, but don't regret them at all.

Michele said...

I am going to go with the runners world program too. as a matter of face I need to look at it to see when I need to get started for my Dec marathon

Good job on the 5 miles, aren't early morning runs FUN!!!!