6.23.2006

Swim little fishy


Sis and I went to the pool again today for a swim! Had to go a little later due to a power outage in the building (due to the building of a new parking ramp on campus). So, we just had enough time to do 15 laps. Yep! 15 laps! By the time we got out of there, I was ready to kick some of those adolescent boys that were there for open swim. They didn't understand the concept of staying out of the lanes while playing their little boy games. Boys. I think we could have done a couple more laps before the pool closed, but my patience had been tested! It felt great though! Now I am pooped. Good thing I have nothing planned but homework for the night! Go me!

3 comments:

cdoc said...

I wish I could swim laps for exercise, but as you know I have never had swim lessons, so I don't know how to do any strokes or anything. That is on my list of things to do, take swim lessons (precursor for others on my list, surfing lessons, snorkling and scuba diving). I am impressed with your determination.

Taunya said...

Sounds like a good workout--even if you did have to dodge the kids. I'm a terrible swimmer myself--I never did learn the proper way to swim, even with lessons.

Backofpack said...

Good job getting it done. I only use the pool as an alternative when injured - it's just not my favorite. It's awfully good cross training though!