6.20.2006

Cloudy and Cool

Last night I actually got to bed at a decent time. I wanted to be able to get up at early to go for a couple mile jog/Fartlek and then work on some class assignments the rest of the day.

Well, I got a good nights sleep and was up at 6:45 to stretch and have a piece of toast. I was out the door by 7:15 and off I went! What a gloomy day. It is so cloudy and I was dreading the idea of rain pouring down on me while I was out there.... .. but it didn't. So I just pranced around the neighborhood...doing a little walking, some sprinting, and a lot of running! Fun fun! I didn't want to do too much, since I plan on swimming this afternoon with my sister and I have a longer run tomorrow!

Yes. .. . I did mention going swimming today. I don't know how much I will be able to do; it has been quite a while . . .... LONG while since I have done laps. We'll see though.

I do need to do a little venting though. This city I live in. It is not suit for athletes. Not runners. Not bikers. Not swimmers. It is pathetic. I have wanted to swim all summer long since I am now able to use the campus pool, but the pool hours are pathetic, and trying to plan around classes is even worse. Then, we have the Y, which basically only has 3 laps, and their hours are pathetic as well and you have to share the laps with old women who seem to be .... . just .. ... ..floating. Give me a break. What is a swimmer to do? Don't even get me started on the prices of gym memberships around here either... . . not that there is much to choose from. I can't wait to get out of this city. The rest of the state isn't this way. I could definitely handle moving back to my hometown. Atleast they have trails made of asphalt that run ALL over the city, and there is a great size pool at the Y. Grr.

Well, that's enough from me. I will post later on my laps! Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

cdoc said...

You are right, GFK sucks for that. The Bis is much better, I love the trails there. It isn't any better here. There aren't any trails around here and not many sidewalks either. The roads are curvy and dangerous to run on. You won't live there forever, so make the best of it (at least that is what I am always telling myself, it works for you too).

Joe said...

Have fun swimming. As you know, I LOVE swimming!

Carissa said...

We don't know each other, and I can't remember how I found your blog, but when I read this post I knew you were speaking about Grand Forks before I saw cdoc's comment. I am also a runner in GF, also going to school here, and also anxious to leave this city. I might be spying on your blog now.