3.08.2007

Progress Reports

It is almost time to do progress reports at school again. I feel like I just spent hours doing the last batch of them, why is it that this quarter has gone by so fast?

Speaking of progress reports, if some so-called "workout instructor" were to write up a progress report on me, this is probably what it would look like:

Stacy has been working hard, getting in most of her runs and doing some quite intense cross-training once or twice a week. She has also been able to add consistent weight training before some runs a couple times a week. She has been eating healthy for the most part and able to refrain from snacking after 7 in the evenings for the past two weeks. She has attempted to cut back in her alcohol consumption, even though this happens on a rare occasion to begin with. With that note, she has been attempting to increase her mileage on some longer runs. However, it appears as if Stacy is slipping away from her routine. Due to excessive paperwork and presentations with work and class, she has had to put off her running and workout routine. It is felt that this might be due to some procrastination. We hope that with the change in weather and some extra rest, Stacy will be able to get back out there running again.
Spring Break for UND is this coming week. I still have to work Monday thru Thursday (no school Friday due to boys state basketball tournament), but will have open evenings all week due to no classes! Yippee! The weather is supposed to be above freezing for the most part so I look forward to a possible run or two outdoors next week.

I haven't ran since Sunday. Crazy. I am heading home this weekend for my sweet Grandpa's 80th Birthday party. I don't know if I will get any runs in, but hope to Saturday morning. I will keep you updated.

Happy running, y'all! Have a superb weekend!

16 comments:

John said...

Please don't procrastinate too long :-) Reading your exploits helps motivate me. Enjoy your weekend.

Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I hope you're able to get a run in soon. I know I go a little crazy if I have to miss a run. I just feel it throws me all off kilter.

Unknown said...

If you don't manage to squeeze a run in this week, hopefully you'll get a lot of quality running during spring break. :)

Wes said...

Bah! Like I say where there's a will there's a way. Find that thirty minutes. Distance don't matter. Have a great time at grandpa's birthday. How cool is that? Mini vacation over spring break sounds wonderful too. Here's to warmer weather.

Joe said...

"Stacy has been working hard every since I started reading her blog. She has made marvelous improvements over the last several months, evolving from a person who I thought might be treating exercise like a fad to a serious running and crosstraining machine who has the potential for greatness due to her work ethic. She has made a believer out of me and inspired me to be a better man."

Jess said...

Enjoy your semi-time-off next week! I know I've loved my spring break this week, and I don't want to return to classes next week!

miss petite america said...

i wish i worked out HALF as much as you do!!! seriously, chica, you're a rockstar. A+ in my book.

MNFirefly said...

Enjoy your vacation!!

JeffM said...

Like Wes said "where there's a will there's a way". Or as a company in this town says- just do it. Hope you enjoy your not so busy time.

Deb said...

Take advantage of your upcoming break and have fun!

carmen said...

stacy, love the progress report. i think we should all do that. i'm so used to evaluating others that i forget that i need to evaluate myself too. although, i don't think my progress report would sound quite as impressive as yours does.

Jess said...

Your progress report was definitely mostly positive, which is awesome! I know all about the procrastination...like how I have two big ole midterms coming up this week....and motivation to study just isn't there so much!

Hope you can work in some runs over your spring break! I'm hoping to also!

Anonymous said...

Loved your progress report on yourself. :) Grading time is coming up for me, too. Why does it always get so stressful? If only we could stay on top of things! Enjoy your spring break! (2 more weeks before mine - I can't wait!)

Anonymous said...

Great progress report.
I hope you will enjoy your spring break - you are amazing juggling everything you have going on.

Happy Birthday to Grandpa.

Anne said...

I like your approach to making progress (and keeping us informed).

Ms Eva said...

I hated progress reports/report cards - most stressful time as a teacher (in my opinion, anyway). Yuck!

Loved your 'running progress report' - clever, motivational & humorous. :)

Have a great vacation!