3.25.2007

Overtimes: 1 loss & 1 win

My Tarheels lost in an upsetting overtime against Georgetown. This just didn't play well in overtime. No excuses. Don't worry. They will be back next year. And they will go to the Final Four.

I was able to watch the Tarheel game and the Sioux/Gopher game at a local bar with some friends. This is what a couple of my friends had to say after the Sioux won in overtime....
It's okay though, they are supporting the Sioux in the Frozen Four! They're not sore losers... they were just the only two gopher fans in the bar, and I had to be with them!?!

Posted below is a video I found as a tribute to the Sioux's interesting year. Last fall I was afraid they weren't going to make it this far. But, they have...and we have sooo much more to accomplish.

8 comments:

JeffM said...

Sorry about your tarheels. The Ducks got knocked out too.
Congrats on the 100-100.

Wes said...

I'm sure your friends were grateful that you were there to protect them!!

Steve Stenzel said...

Stinkin' Sioux!....

MNFirefly said...

I LOVE the picture. Such great spectators. Pooh about the win!

As for the Tarheels, I was surprised that they made it this far.

Donald said...

Ugh. Carolina choked. It's like Roy Williams thought he was back coaching Kansas again. What a missed opportunity.

Jess said...

Yeah, sports talk goes right over my head. Maybe it's because I'm so short...

Unknown said...

What? There's something else going on in the world. Who woulda thunk it? I'm ready to bury myself in the new Rocky movie and forget about school for at least the night.

Deb said...

You crazy hockey girl! Looks like loads of fun!