3.15.2007

Bring on the Madness!

Oh my, how I have scribbled through at least 15 brackets before coming to a conclusion on who I think is going to win. Crazy. I have entered a pool at school with some other teachers. Last year I did this at a different school and was the only girl with a bunch of high school teachers and coaches. I must admit, I did fairly well. We'll see how it goes this year. I have done some research, but really, does it matter? Who knows really what the results of this first round is going to be! I do have a couple upsets...as we all know there will be a couple! I have also made a bet with my Dad and had my sister join in. She filled out one in about 5 minutes, and if she kicks my butt, I will be royally ticked! Whoever gets the most wins between the three of us has to by a round of apps and taps! Mmm...

Tonight I got my hair trimmed and colored! I haven't had my hair colored "professionally" in 8 years! Crazy! Here is the before picture.... Mind you...this was after a long day of work...
I was ready for something different and was sick of attempting to find the "right" color in a box. Usually my hair gets a red highlight when I do that. I wanted something new and a little funky. Not too crazy, since I do work in a school setting! I have to be a role model, you know! Here is the after picture......and this was taken about an hour after having been trimmed, thinned, and colored with highlights and lowlights.. ...still a little wet and most certainly not fixed!


On a side note...


Sports Commentary: Did anyone catch the Sun vs. Mavs game last night? I was so pumped to see the Suns win. Nice job, Nash...and Stoudemire! Wow, what a game! I remember when I was in sixth grade... probably the first time I really remember following basketball.. watching Charles Barkley and the suns work their way towards a championship... ahh, memories.

I couldn't sleep last night because I was so pumped for the games to begin! So far, I have had 9 out of 12 correct... darn Marquette and George Washington... And I NEVER thought I would be upset to see Duke lose... EVER. EVER. Ever. 4 more games to go tonight and I am pretty sure I will get a couple right...I hope!

Tomorrow... must do some running. The weather is supposed to reach 32 degrees, but I don't know if I could bare that outside. We did get another 8 inches of snow today... Nice.... especially when 2-3 were forcasted originally... but, they did a nice job cleaning up the streets, so it may be possible to run outdoors tomorrow as long as it isn't too windy.

Happy running, y'all!

12 comments:

Mmem said...

Love the 'do!

GL getting out there with the roads cleared. LOL how 8 inches of snow is an afterthought for you in ND! For us, the world would stop for awhile!

Wes said...

Nice hair! You did good! 8 more inches of snow?!?! Arrrrgh! LOL. You'll be outside in some warmer air soon. I promise. The guys at work were doing brackets too, but I just couldn't motivate myself to take the time to get one done. *sigh* Bring on the final four :-)

Anonymous said...

8 inches?!?! You poor thing. I think I would have lost it if I had gotten up to that much snow this morning! The hair looks cute. And amazingly your before and after pics look exactly the same as far as your position and expression! How did you ever manage that?

Jess said...

March Madness is amazing. Seriously one of the best times of the year and today and tomorrow should be declared national holidays...who honestly is productive on these days?

Also, I love the new hair!!

Hope you're bracket didn't get busted on day one!!

Neese said...

I didn't do the brackets this year i sometimes do as your sister does and fill em out quick and end up doing fairly well lol.

9 out of 12 so far sounds great hope it keeps going in your favor.

It's always fun to get your hair done by someone else, it looks good! I like your long eyelashes too!

P.S. We are not familiar with Lake View, SC, I looked it up on Map Quest and see that there are two. Sorry I can't comment much not knowing either of them.

JeffM said...

As runnergirl noted- you are almost in the exact same pose each time! Nice hair.
I remember watching Pheonix with Barkley, Dan Marley, and Jeff something.

Anne said...

I noticed the identical poses too, which makes a comparison even easier. Both look great, but I can see why a little change can do a lot of good. I can't seem to stay with one color for too long.

And I should have stuck with the Suns game instead of switching the channel!

Unknown said...

Love the highlights and lowlights!

Hope your running happens!!

Ms Eva said...

I've never had my hair colored professionally. I've been wanting a change as well, and have actually been trying to grow my bangs out. Too bad it takes so long for this change to be complete! It's frustrating.

Steve Stenzel said...

Cute haircut!

Good luck with the brackets - I stay away (I don't want to be sucked in!)

Anonymous said...

You look great!

J~Mom said...

Love your hair! I get that red even at the salon. Bah! I hate it.