1.09.2007

Sunset

Driving to the gym this evening I realized how clear and perfect the sky was. So blue. Only if the air wasn't so brisk and hard to the touch of your skin...how I would love to be running outdoors today. But, that wasn't in the cards today.

Once I got to the gym I hopped on one of my favorite treadmills facing the southwest side of the building, where two the whole outside wall consists of huge windows.

And there it was.

The most georgeous sunset.

The most beautiful sunset in the most clear North Dakota winter sky.

Pink, orange, a little purple, some more pink.

Mostly pink.

You know, that bright, bold pink.

When my friend past away in November, we were given the most beautiful pink sunsets and sunrises so often the few weeks after her death. And everyone spoke as if they were given from her... for pink was her color.

Thank you, Liz...for this wonderful sunset you have given us... ... ..once again.


I hear the following song on the radio the other day and just thought it had wonderful lyrics and were sung by one of the most beautiful voices in country music. I thought I would share it with you all--->

Anyway
by Martina McBride

can spend your whole life building something from nothing

One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway
You can chase a dream that seems so out of reach and you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway

Chorus:
God is great, but sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway, I do it anyway

This world's gone crazy and it's hard to believe that tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway
You can love someone with all your heart, for all the right reasons, and in a moment they can choose to walk away
Love 'em anyway

Repeat Chorus

You can pour your soul out singing a song you believe in that tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway, sing it anyway

I sing, I dream, I love, anyway.


Today's Workout: Ran 1 mile in 10:33, started really slow and sped up to 7 miles per hour. From there I did 6.39 miles on the bike covering one nasty hill over 25 minutes.

Tomorrow's workout: Due to things going on, I am just going to plan on doing Pilates 57 at 5am...again!

Now I am going to hit the hay. What a busy couple of days it has been already.



Make the most of life... it's the only one we have.

7 comments:

J~Mom said...

That was a great post. I will listen to that song tomorrow. Nice job on the treadmill!

Neese said...

beautiful post. I want to listen to that song too.

Jess said...

Ahh, I love a good sunset as well.

Lora said...

When you always walk around full of appreciation, then life is beautiful!!

Thanks for the special post!

MNFirefly said...

Sunset are wonderful, very descriptive too.

Anonymous said...

great post and I love sunsets! I'm actually married at sunset.

Brooke said...

I love Martina. I'll have to check that song out.