1.08.2007

5:30 AM Run

Quick update during my ever-so-long lunch break. . . . Note sarcasm.

I got up this morning at 5am and hit the gym for a nice and easy, slow three miles. 36:00 flat! I said I took it nice and slow. I was somewhat surprised how rested and awake I felt. Weird. Probably due to sleeping in on Sunday until 11-ish!

Tomorrow is a scheduled day of intervals, but I want to take it easy and not put too much pressure on my left leg(knee/ankle). I will probably hit the bike or eliptical instead, maybe with a one mile warmup on the thrillmill. Maybe towards the end of the week I will do the intervals.

Happy running, y'all!

7 comments:

Wes said...

Such dedication! Up at 5 am!!

J~Mom said...

Whew, 5am...I dunno about that. That is like the middle of the night to me. :>)

I hope your leg feels much better soon!

Anonymous said...

You got up at 5am? I'm impressed.

Oh, and I have 3 pairs of those sweats. (blush) But 2 of them I just got at the end of the year clearance, so they were a good price.

So do you work there? How do you have a discount. I'm so jealous.

JKRunning

Deb said...

LOVE the interval training, but you need to be careful and make sure your joints are well 'oiled'. Have fun and be safe!

Neese said...

that is an awesome time!.. and getting up at 5am and not actually running until 5:30 sounds like a good amount of time to 'wake up', when I tried the early morning thing i was running within 10 minutes and felt like I was going to fall over!

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on the 3 miles. GREAT pace!

Mmem said...

That is a new horizon for me, I want to try intervals, too! Can't wait to see how yours go.

WTG on getting up so darn early and getting in a nice 3 miles! Woo hoo!