1.04.2007

My other best friends...

First of all, let me say a nice and loud THANKS to all of you who have commented on my previous post in regards to me moving to another city. It was all very helpful and insightful! Although it has pretty much consumed my mind over the past 48 hours and I have been googling jobs and cities, trying to get stats on schools, such as their calendars and salaries... Kind of scary. I noticed that one county in NC pays less then my hometown of Bismarck, ND which I absolutely love. Why would I move there to earn less when I am pretty sure it won't cost less than Bismarck to live there? Who knows. I am fretting over something when I don't even know what I want to do! I just don't want to leave applying for jobs for the last minute. I would like to have a job lined up before the end of the school year. We'll see.


Now, to the other purpose of this post...

Here they are.... . . . my other best friends. Meet Mr. Peas and Mrs. Carrots...

Oh, how I am getting tired of "hanging" out with them!

We spent a good hour together tonight and I am not enjoying it too much.... They can kind of give me a "cold shoulder" everyonce and a while. Not very amusing or entertaining. Kind of boring.


I REALLY have to start spending more time stretching after ANY kind of workout. With my left leg bothering me this week and thinking that it is due to something pinching up in the back of my knee, I really think it is due to lack of sufficient stretching. All of last week, when I worked out, I barely took any time to stretch following my running (with constanting being on the go with my sister). And there is NO excuse for not stretching. IT MUST BE DONE!

With this "problem" with my leg, I am beginning to have a HATE relationship with running. Am I the only one that has a LOVE/HATE relationship with running? Just...just when I feel like I am getting back into the swing of things... something happens! And... with that I have to put things on hold, once again. Maybe I am pushing myself too hard and doing too many miles before my body is getting used to it. But...come on. ... 3 miles?

I did my scheduled 3.1 miles today. Hoping all would be good and I could get a decent time. but going into it I was a little leary and decided to take it slow and walk when necessary. Yeah, this girl did way more walking that she wanted to. I left the gym feeling like I hadn't really done much.

I haven't ran since tuesday, when I did only 1 mile because I didn't want to make things worse from feeling sore from my 5K on sunday. You know, the one I did SOOOO much walking in? Yeah, that one. I was sore. Stupid me. That part of your foot, on top, the muscle or tendon that connects the foot to the ankle on top?? Yeah, that one was bothering me on both feet the day of the race. So I had to do some walking. And, when...that is when I decided to do some more running, that part of my foot/leg was so stiff, I felt like the only way I could run a bit was by "kind of" running on my tip-toes. Probably the stupidest thing I have every done while running, but I just wanted to run sooo bad and move faster, becuase I felt like it was more dangerous to walk fast on that snow then run. Plus, I had the mental ability to do so AND I wasn't tired...I just wanted to run!! Can you blame me?

So maybe that is why my leg is bothering me. Who knows. It's all in the air. So, I am going to take a couple days off from running and do some cross training. Until this goes away. Far..far...away. JUST GO AWAY!!

Schedule for tomorrow?? - 57 minute Pilate workout...at 5am. let's see if that happens!


Wednesday: 20 minute pilates workout (to strengthen and increase flexibility), and did A LOT of stretching.
Thursday: 3.1 mile run

By the way... did anyone happen to see that Timberwolves game last night?? They were awesome! Sorry Duncan...you lose! And Horry?? What the heck was your deal? You coudn't do anything right!

Happy running, y'all!

9 comments:

Simlin said...

I definately HATED my run yesterday if that counts.

Wes said...

Like in all things, running has its ups and downs. I am a firm believer in Running Injury Free :-) and maybe I'm just spoiled because I haven't had a real injury yet. I also recommend the Chi Running book. I don't subscribe or do most of the things he says in that book, however, the focus on running form really helped me when I was starting out.

Wes said...

Running Injury Free is the Jeff Galloway Run/Walk method by the way :-)

J~Mom said...

I am sure understand what you are saying! It's so confusing to find something you love and then to be sidelined by some sort of ouchie. Hope your leg is better soon!

MNFirefly said...

Hang in there. I know how you are feeling.

Jess said...

Good luck with the job hunt...I'll be doing the same thing this time next year and it scares the crap out of me.

I also really hope your injury heals up soon. There's nothing worse than waiting for it to be better when all you want to do is be out running!

Lora said...

My first couple of years of serious running had me going to the running doc as soon as an injury started. She taught me all the prevention exercises and stretches I needed to do.

I'm pretty faithful with doing them--and now, after my first 2 miles of running, I do a 30 sec stretch of each muscle.

If you're in this for the long run-- be smart, learn all you can about your body and preventing injuries--then do them!!!

Taunya said...

I hope your leg gets better soon. I know you don't want to do it, but I think a few days of no running and cross-training might be the best thing.

Good luck with the job hunt!

Neese said...

pilates sounds interesting, let us know if it went down the other morning! -- and hey, how bout SC we could be neighbors :)