1.23.2007

Slowly becoming Faster

Since today is Tuesday, I looked at my schedule and noticed that I had intervals on my plate for dinner! Not only that, but I had bumped it up to 6x400 from 5x400. With that thought and the fact that I just did a "makeup" interval session on saturday, I started slower than usual and "slowly" worked my way to a "faster" pace. Let's just say I was quite wiped afterwards. Definitely didn't have the speed in me that I had Saturday morning, but I am definitely okay with that. Tomorrow is a scheduled Spin day. I really look forward to it and hope to do some light lifting before hand. I don't want to do too much becuase we do a lot of strength training on the arms during spin and I don't want to be weak for that!

800M warmup run
- 5:45

400M run - 2:40 (6.2 mph)
200M walk - 2:38

400M run - 2: 34 (6.5 mph)
200M walk - 2:20

400M run - 2:28 (6.7 mph)
200M walk - 2:12

400M run - 2:20 (6.9 mph)
200M walk - 1:49

400M run - 2:15 (7.2 mph)
200M walk - 1:45

400M run - 2:07 (7.6 mph)
200M walk - 1:45

800M cooldown run - 5:36


Total Miles --> 3.25

Happy running, y'all!

8 comments:

Neese said...

don't intervals feel like the dessert of running, such a treat :o) you did awesome!! i'm looking forward to my next set i'm gonna bump it up to 6x400 as well, i bet it IS tiring by the end!

Jess said...

I admire your dedication ot the speed workouts. I never do those. Maybe that's why I'm so slow, hmmm...

miss petite america said...

i totally want to do those speed intervals now.......

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice intervals! Way to pick up the pace!...

Wes said...

Your intervals are getting better and better. Its especially nice that you control the speed on the treadmill and do the negative split things. You are going to kick some butt outside once the weather starts to warm up!

J~Mom said...

All of this interval talk makes me want to try!!!!!!! Great job!!!!!

Joe said...

solid interval work!! This base will pay dividends!!!

Mmem said...

SO COOL how you get faster at these! Geez, that is great!

I'll continue to work on this, too. You and neese are inspiring me:-)