1.30.2007

amazingly crazy life...

... As some of you had read in my previous post, I was unable to do my long run on Sunday due to "losing" my student ID to get into the Wellness Center. So yesterday, after I drove back into town from school, I quickly ran to get a new photo ID made ... paying ten bucks, and quickly headed to class for 5 hours. Yeah.

Today, after school I had a terrible headache and almost thought I would can my intervals for the day and head home to rest. But, since my evening class for tonight was canceled (due to professor being ill) I took advantage of my free evening and hit the gym. When I was walking into the gym I found my ID that I had lost, in the back pocket of my wallet...I never put it there. I was just floored!

All in all, I was able to accomplish my intervals and some lifting. And, my headache was gone before I knew it. I don't care what people say about running....running is my therapy! It may physically wear me out, but all worries about my students and classwork dissapear the second I increase that speed on that thrillmill!

Workout summary: Last week's results in blue, this weeks results in red. I took it easy last week due to the fact that I had added another set of intervals and I didn't want to wear myself out too early. I also noticed this week that I was really struggling with my adding/subtracting skills last week. Something wasn't right with my 200m walks.... But, this week, when I got on the treadmill, I remembered to switch the clock to time elapsed rather than time remaining so I didn't have to think too hard!


800M warmup run - 5:45 / 5:48

400M run - 2:40 (6.2 mph) / 2:28 (6.3)
200M walk - 2:38 / 1:46

400M run - 2: 34 (6.5 mph) / 2:24 (6.6)
200M walk - 2:20 / 1:45

400M run - 2:28 (6.7 mph) / 2:18 (6.9)
200M walk - 2:12 / 1:44

400M run - 2:20 (6.9 mph) / 2:14 (7.1)
200M walk - 1:49 / 1:45

400M run - 2:15 (7.2 mph) / 2:08 (7.4)
200M walk - 1:45 / 1:43

400M run - 2:07 (7.6 mph) / 2:02 (7.8)
200M walk - 1:45 / 3:48 (this was 400M instead of 200M)

800M cooldown run - 5:36 / 10:54 (I did mile cooldown instead of 800M)


Total Miles --> 3.875 (I will count the 5/1000 of a mile!)



Sports Commentary:

Those of you not interested in sports, disregard this portion of the post! I am sooooo pumped that the T-wolves were able to break the Sun's 19 game winning streak! Especially for how poorly the Wolves have been playing and for how awesome the Sun's are! And what about the Kobe suspension....?!?!?!? RE-DIC-U-LOUS! That's just crazy. This is basketball people! I haven't always been a HUGE Lakers fan, or a Kobe fan, but I must admit it...they're pretty decent... and I guess I do support them...somewhat.... as I sit hear typing my post wearing a Lakers champion sweatshirt from the 1986-1987 season...thanks Dad!


With a good nights rest tonight (due to not having class until 10pm) I look forward to a great ride in Spin class tomorrow! And..maybe a nice 1 mile warmup jog!

Happy running, y'all!

10 comments:

Deb said...

I agree...exercise is my therapy to...what a healthy way to go, huh? When I'm NOT feeling great, I force myself to get in there and workout....ALWAYS feeling 100% better by the time I'm done.

Jess said...

I completely agree. Running has to be some of the best therapy out there. Nothing blows off steam quite like it.

Unknown said...

I'm with you as far as running being therapy. But I have to say, I do not care for the dreadmill. My preference is outside running. :)

miss petite america said...

u r so speedy now! and i agree, running can be the best form of self medication.

Jess said...

Running can be the best way to feel great. Sometimes I forget about that.

Taunya said...

I don't know where I'd be if I didn't run (probably a LOT crazy).

I had a similar situation with losing my glasses. Couldn't find them anywhere and then found them on TOP of the fridge. WTF, I never put them there!

Joe said...

Gah! I hate Kobe and the Lakers. I also hate Jeter and the Yankees and Hejduc and the Avs. And if the Bears win, I'll hate the Grossman and the Bears.

Wes said...

It's amazing how much stuff we lose when we put it in places that are unusual. I would lose my head if it wasn't attached :-) Running kind of clears your mind, does it not. Probably because we are focused on not collapsing and approaching death, LOL.

Unknown said...

I love it when professors call in sick. Nice job on the intervals.

Neese said...

You are doing so great I like your attitude!! I wish running helped my headache instead of exacerbated it!