1.15.2007

No what?

No water?

For 24 hours?

Okay.

I got home today from meeting with a partner on a project for class and found out that we will not have water for the next 24 hours! I guess some main pipe system under some of the garages next to our building burst and they had to shut off the water. For 24 hours. Yeah.

So, sis and I packed up our bags and hit the gym, planning to shower there when we were finished. Fun times. Now I guess I have an excuse to get up early tomorrow and hit the gym before school... so I can shower. Again.

Today, Sis and I did a warmup run, 1 mile. From there we went our separate ways. I hit the bike attempting to get up and over one nasty hill! Even though I worked hard today, I feel as if I need to have a couple longer workouts during the week. 35 minutes just isn't cutting it anymore.

Yesterday (Sunday): Another rest day due to being out of town most of the day.

Today: 1 mile warmup run (10:38). 24 minutes on the bike doing 1 hill (5.5 miles).

Tomorrow? I will attempt 3 easy miles on the thrillmill in the morning. That's about all I will have time for.

9 comments:

Wes said...

Five miles on the bike ain't chopped liver!

Anonymous said...

I hope your water outage is short and you're back to showering at home soon! What a pain!

Thanks for the comments on my blog. It sounds like you're a real advocate for kids - that's great! Keep up the good work, despite the negativity you encounter at times.

Jess said...

Hope that water problem gets fixed soon!!!

Unknown said...

I've been without power, but being without water is another story. I hope it's fixed for you soon.

Joe said...

You have to go to the gym to shower? What? Haven't you ever taken a bath in Dasani or Evian before? You need some culture. ;-)

J~Mom said...

I hope your water is fixed soon!! Great job on the bike ride!!

Brooke said...

no water?? Every time that happens my mental craziness takes over and I feel like I'm dying for thirst.

Good luck. I hope your outage is short.

Deb said...

You're making it happen...THAT's the tough part!

Jess said...

NO water? That Sucks!