1.31.2007

January.... in review....

I can't believe the first month of 2007 has pretty much come and gone. Crazy. With that note, I was reflecting on my numbers and quite pleased. Even though January has been really busy, as I assume the first part of February will be as well, I am happy with how I was able to get out there and do what I wanted to get done!

January Stats:

  • 39.055 miles running... . ... was shooting for 40, so I am okay with this!
  • 21.7 miles spin .... this will be better in February. Spin didn't start until a couple weeks ago.. so I have a good excuse!
  • 30.52 miles biking... good...good..
  • NO swimming. That's okay. the pool hours are rediculous, but I am itching to get back into the pool. I miss the feeling of being totally exhausted from head to toe!
Tonight I made it to Spin. Sis and I got there a little early, so we started with some very brief lifting, only doing a few machines. From there we did some warmup laps around the track. Then we hopped on our spin bikes and went at it! 45 minute = 10.7 miles! Almost a mile more than last week! I pushed myself harder than last week, mostly becuase last week was my first time in over 3 months and I didn't know how much my body could handle! Tonight, my left calf started to cramp up, which has never happened before, so I know I was pushing pretty hard as the lactic acid was building up!

Workout summary: lifted, ran 1 mile, spinned 10.7 miles.

I am very much ready for February!

Happy running, y'all!!
Beautiful pink sunrise as I was arriving at school.

7 comments:

Joe said...

Solid month!! Especially in the bitter cold!! Good for you!!

Jess said...

I'm glad to leave January behind. My least fav month.

MNFirefly said...

BYE January...HELLLLLLLLO February!

Wes said...

Terrific month! I know it is such a challenge to get the time in you want when it is so COOOOLD! Very nice!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good month! Keep it up! Great picture, too.

Unknown said...

first off, I love the sunrise photo at the end of your post. :)

you've motivated me to go back through my training records and see what I did in January.

Deb said...

Great job (and beautiful pic!). I wish the spin bikes at my gym tracked distance but no luck. I always feel like I went to China and back!