1.06.2007

Feel the hills


Friday: First and foremost, I DID get up yesterday to do my Pilates 57 (minutes)! I was not able to do the whole 57 minutes becuase I ran out of time. I am thinking I did about 50 minutes becuase I was up before 5am! Wahoo! Go me!

Saturday: I hit up the gym and warmed up with a 1 mile run around the track and then hit the bike for 12.13 miles! within those 12 miles were tons of sweet-leg-burning hills!! Wonderful! For a grand total of 613 calories.


Tomorrow I hope to get in a nice 3 mile run. I have been looking over my 8 WEEK 5K Plan and have decided not to concentrate too much on the long runs right now. I don't want to push myself too hard right now with my leg.

As far as job hunting...haven't done to much lately besides get rid of those locations that I am not interested in.... here's what was left:

Chicago
Minneapolis/St. Paul
Boulder, CO.
Denver
Seattle
Colorado Springs
Raleigh, NC
Atlanta
Pheonix
Madison, WI
Fort Colins, CO

A couple states that I am looking at as well: South Carolina (becuase I LOVE the Carolinas), and Virginia. I have been told to consider Connecticut becuase they have the highest paying teachers....we'll see.

Happy runnings, y'all!

9 comments:

Neese said...

your workouts are going great this year!!! and yippee for SC making the list! :)

Wes said...

Very nice workout! and I luv the bike ride! Was that in the gym too? I am supposing it was. The south is especially hard up for teachers, but the cost of living here is the lowest too. Microsoft had a website that compared cost of living. If you need help tracking it down, let me know. It will at least give you some idea of what you are getting into.

MNFirefly said...

Very nice workout. If you need any info on the Twin Cities and Colorado Springs, let me know.

Anonymous said...

My vote would be for somewhere warm year-round. :) Good luck with that decision. How great that you can have your options so wide open!

cdoc said...

Don't consider a state just for how much you will get paid, but that is just my opinion. Pick a place you will love to live. And let me tell you, I didn't love Connecticut. I didn't hate it either, but it is a whole different kind of people. It is a rich state with a lot of private education (in fact in the town I lived, I would say that more than half the students were in private schools). I loved my closeness to NYC, I loved the nature there, but the people, I could DEFINATELY do without. Don't get me wrong, there was a fair share of nice people, but just so many stuck-up, snotty, rude people that would give you dirty looks for saying excuse me when walking past them in the grocery store aisle. So keep those things in mind when looking at any wealthy area. Money isn't everything, doing what you love is. And you obviously know that going into education. And my vote is for the Carolinas, just because you have said you wanted to live there for as long as I can remember.

Deb said...

Great job on the workouts and early rising! Nice to narrow that list down to.

SRR said...

The new England states do pay well for teachers, but consider the cost of living. Alot of those places give signing bonuses anywhere from $2,000 - $5,000 depending on the district and the contract signed. Happy hunting!

J~Mom said...

Your list looks great, lost of great spots on there! Great work out!

Neese said...

consider yourself tagged :o) -- click on the link at the end of my blog entry for today. :o)