2.04.2007

Lack of Structure

Friday was quite eventful with the CEC conference and then hitting the gym for a nice long run and some lifting. But, I chose to go out with some friends, some of them whom I haven't seen since July and had a few drinks. That totally throws my weekend out of wack, with me sleeping in and wasting a good portion of my day. Plus, I feel completely icky and mostly dehydrated. I was hoping to hit the gym saturday afternoon but just couldn't do it. Not enough structure what-so-ever.

Workout: Today, I did things a little differently. I did 45 minutes of pilates late this morning, went to the gym and lifted arms and legs...then, I did my 3.1 mile run! I have read that lifting before running helps with weight loss....even though this isn't a huge concern of mine, I wanted to see how well I would be able to run after lifting. Results? I did a total of 3.3 miles, with 3.1 being done in 31:49 minutes! An average 10:15 minute mile! Yeah! I have a feeling I am going to be sore tomorrow...but a good sore.

Now, I am saving my appetite for yummy apps and taps at a friends house for the Superbowl! Yeah! Go Bears...or Colts?!?! I can't decide. I am just looking forward to the commercials, a few drinks, a lot of food...and some football!

Happy running, y'all!

7 comments:

Wes said...

A few years back, I was doing the Total Gym and then the treadmill thing, and I couldn't get over how ready I was to run after losening up on the Total Gym. You get your heart rate up, loosen your muscles, and the run just goes smooth as silk. Very cool.

Neese said...

weights before running that's a new one for me now I want to try that! :) sounds like it worked wonderfully for you!

MNFirefly said...

Have fun tonight celebrating the Super Bowl.

Unknown said...

I suffer from lack of structure on my weekends as well. I am going to try and run before school tomorrow, but am not sure if I will succeed.

Jess said...

Hope you had fun at the Super Bowl party! And, are you sore today?

J~Mom said...

Add me to the list wanting to try weights before running! Great job!

Joe said...

Hope you had some Colts fans at the party...a sloppy game in the rain, but it made a lot of people here in Indiana quite happy!