2.28.2007

February In Review

(Picture: UND Fighting Sioux Englstad Hockey Arena)














I can't believe it. February is pretty much over. So, it is time for...

February Stats:

  • 24.325 miles running... . ... once again I was hoping for 40, but had to deal with some leg issues in the middle of the month, throwing things off. March will be better, I know it!.
  • 58.18 miles spin .... this was greater than January's near 22 miles. Hopefully I will be able to pull off 60 miles in March!..
  • NO swimming. Again. But, to tell the truth, I don't know when I will get back in the pool. The pool schedule here is rediculous and I don't have much free time in the evenings the way it is.
Looking back on my 3 miles I ran last night, I couldn't believe how smoothly it went. I can really see how this Spin is playing into my running and endurance. If all goes well, I hope to continue spinning twice a week, trying to get an easy 3 miles in before the spin session. It actually works best for me to do this sort of workout, rather than workingout four days in a row, doing the same amount of work. Thus, I can have a rest day between and after those days, and hopefully allow for me to start building some miles on my longer runs. That is what I would like to do.

I believe that I have about 72 days until graduation! That is unbelievably craaazy! I am getting quite excited, but overwhelmed as well. I need to work on some big projects, and really buckle down on applications. Just for giggles, I was looking at some races, which there really isn't much around here, but I was looking. I really think I am going to do the St. Patrick's Day 5K race in Fargo. I haven't participated in a race since New Years Eve and to tell you the truth, I feel as if I am stronger and have made great gains. From there, I don't know what race I plan to do next. It's too hard, especially with moving out of our apartment by May 1st (I think), and finding jobs, graduating, etc... But, I was looking into the Fargo Half Marathon. Which would be in 12 weeks. It's still up in the air. We'll see. I am not going to set my mind to it, but if I can start pumping out some longer runs, I think it could definitely be doable.

On a weather note.. It is starting to snow. They let us out of school today at 2pm to go home and "wait" for the snow to fall. Crazy. That's okay, I attempted to take a nap while watching Walk the Line. Love that movie. But, now it is snowing. I don't know if we are still supposed to get as much snow as forcasted originally, but it is still supposed to snow through Friday night. The temperature right now is 31, which is great, but when you mix it with heavy, wet snow, it gives us nice slippery roads in the morning once the temp drops a few degrees. Lovely.

This picture is from Monday... showing one of the random fog pockets that I drove through that morning!

Maybe I will have a great picture in the morning to post of all the new snow!

Tomorrow, with the proper nutrition and hydration, I hope to do what I did tuesday. Run 3 miles and spin. Hopefully the weather will be okay enough for me to drive across town to get to the gym!

Happy Running, y'all! Spring into March!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures you've been posting. Keep it up!

akshaye said...

Hey thanks for the tip on the wes's blog. and great post! I have a heard a lot of runners talking about spin classes and how it humbled them :) And I would say go for the half marathon... For my first I got in 3 long runs at 10 miles each and I felt that was enough.

MNFirefly said...

Awesome pics! ('cept for the hockey stadium...booo! Go Gophers!)

Wes said...

Multiple exciting things today! Isn't it amazing how spinning/cycling helps to strengthen the legs, and yes swimming improves lung capacity. I can tell the difference already. Pool time is challenging for you, but maybe you'll find time soon.

That is so exciting about you graduating soon. You've been working so hard and the payoff is around the corner. I remembered when I graduated how I felt so much relief. I was working full time and studying. After graduating my load was cut back like 60%.

If you decide to do the half, most training programs I've seen are 17 weeks long. You would need to insert yourself somewhere into that plan. Just be careful if the first couple of long runs are farther than what you are used to. You can do it!!

Faithful Soles said...

I am really starting to get jealous of all the snow pictures on people's blogs. I think you still did a great job on your goals in spite of the physical setbacks and weather.

J~Mom said...

Wow, graduation is coming quick!! I am going to take a pic of the sun just for you! :>) Your snow is gorgeous but wait until you see the green grass.

Mmem said...

GL GL GL with the graduation and post graduation plans. Exciting time for you!

GL with the spin & the run!