2.23.2007

Grounded

First of all, when I mentioned the girl wearing the speedo in the gym yesterday... the reason I thought it was kind of weird was becuase our Campus pool is in a separate building from the wellness center...now is it kinda weird? And about the couple, I think it is perfectly fine to show PDA's... it just seemed odd to see that at the gym... I guess there is really nothing wrong with it...just out of the ordinary...

Friday is here and there is nothing more that I would rather do than relax and have a few beers with some friends. But, I have officially grounded myself. Yah. I have plenty of paperwork to do from work and MUST get started on some of my projects for class, and finish up some paperwork for my final project for graduation. It is also a goal of mine this weekend to find 5 locations that I would like to apply for jobs. With that I need to update my resume and type up a beautiful cover letter. Grounded. Oh well. The weather is going to be icky and my sister has left me all alone this weekend. Sniff...sniff..

Now, I am going to do some laundry and get some reading out of the way. Maybe I will find a B-ball game on tv to half-listen to....

Have a wonderful weekend, y'all!

9 comments:

Neese said...

Remember South Carolina in your choices :) Happy Weekend to you!

Wes said...

Sounds like important stuff and worthy of your undivided attention. Microsoft has a feature I found where you can compare the cost of living in different cities. That might be a good tool for you to compare different places to apply for jobs. I think I googled for it and found it eventually. Lemme know if you need any help (and if you decide you would like to see it :-)

miss petite america said...

i might have to ground myself too this weekend...after i finish my champagne and cocoa rice crispy treats!

hope your weekend is productive!!

Mmem said...

GL GL GL getting all your school and work work done!

Michele said...

I love middle TN. We lived in Memphis for years don't go there!!!
Where we are now is wonderful. After living in a BIG city , I love the small city. We are close enough to big cities that we can still go out to eat or shop but we don't have the hassle of traffic or crime. Also we are growing by leaps and bounds. At our school they added two teachers last year and I am hoping they add at least one more for next year. Not fond of my choices for 3rd grade. :0
Anyway, hope that answers your question.

Anonymous said...

I love it - grounding yourself. What a concept. :) What do you do to yourself if you sneak out? :)
Good luck with all your projects!

MNFirefly said...

I hope you either consider the Twin Cities or Chicago - both great towns with teaching opportunities. Stay warm and out of the icky stuff.

Joe said...

Good for you, planning out the target places to apply. Ask yourself some deep questions and don't be afraid of the answers.

The initiative you show will play well with many employers. And the ones for which it does not play well are not ones you'd want to work for anyway!!

JeffM said...

I'll throw in a plug for the Great Northwest- scenery, hiking, biking, running, kayaking, fishing, etc.
Spinning with your upper body quiet while standing is a great workout. Do you also do the one legged spin intervals?