2.11.2007

What Goes Around...

For it being Sunday, I was quite busy. I did homework from the moment I got up at 8am, until 3ish in the afternoon. Then I went to the gym to do a really good lift session before Spin. Spin went really well, I cranked the tension up hard during some drills and boy could I feel the burn.

All and all it was really good and I was able to complete 9 miles. I felt a slight pain that appears a few minutes before finishing. Today, the pain was coming from the outer-back of the knee down to the outer ankle area. Weird. So, I went home and iced, and iced, and iced. Is this nonsense ever going to stop??

Now, I am going to have a pitty party for myself and enjoy the Grammy's while doing some IEP paperwork. Did I mention that I "secretly" heart JT....Justin Timberlake?! Yep. Hey, if anyone can write their own music, sing, dance, AND play the piano...they've got my heart!


Tomorrow will be another rest day and then I will spin Tuesday night.

Keep on, keeeping on!

P.S. Congrats to Maryland for defeating Duke! Hip Hip Hooray! Now Duke is faced with their longest losing streak in 11 years!

9 comments:

Joe said...

Sorry to hear that you are still having some pain. You've actually been going pretty hard at the training for the last few weeks. Maybe you need to take back-to-back rest days. It could be worth a shot to see if it helps. I did that a couple of weeks ago and I have felt like a million bucks since.

miss petite america said...

JT is super hot! super hot!

Joe said...

Thanks, Miss Petite America but my initials are JK not JT. :-)

Wes said...

Using the bike puts some stress on the knee in different places than running. Probably because we are using different muscles with which to cycle. You can feel them while spinning and later when they complain to you while running. Just FYI to take care of those muscles the same as the running ones :-)

JeffM said...

I hate being injured, it makes every pain seem like another disater. Hope it goes away for you and you can run.

J~Mom said...

I totally know what you are saying when you ask if the nonsense will end. You know how when you run copies on a copy machine and a piece of paper gets jammed? Then a little light starts flashing to show you where the jam is? That is how I feel. I start running and I have to wait and see what light will be flashing. Did that make any sense? LOL

Joe said...

Ice is a wonderful thing...hope you get some further insight!

Mmem said...

WTG on the 9 miler, first of all. hope the pain is getting better, take it easy.

I heart teacher paperwork (fellow teacher here, I know your pain:-()

I missed the JT boat, that thing he did with the video camera was weird...but I respect his talent:-)

Deb said...

Bummer on the injury girlie, but if a little JT is all it takes to take your mind off of it...you go to it! ;)