2.02.2007

ONE SINGLE(ton) SHOT!

Sports Commentary:
I got home just in time last night to watch the last half of the Duke vs. Virginia game. Let's just say it came down to ONE SINGLE SHOT in overtime, made by Virginia's player, Singleton to win the game! Wahoo! Virginia hasn't been able to beet Duke in 9 games (since 2002)!

Workout related:
A bunch of us RT's left the conference a little early so with that I was able to get to the gym at a decent time. Today was supposed to be my scheduled 3.1 miles, but when I was driving to the gym, I felt like I needed to do more. I had the time, why not. So, I decided I would do the run/walk thing for 60 minutes and then lift. And that is what I did! I pretty much ran 5 or 6 and walked 1.... for 60 minutes. I was able to complete 5.3 miles! That is an average 11:19/mile! How refreshing. My knees were kind of making a weird clicking noises at times, but that went away. So I instantly iced when I got home!

Now it's time to have a wonderful evening.... I plan on meeting up with some friends that I haven't seen since this summer!

Happy running, y'all!

6 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Awesome job on the running. Way to go!

J~Mom said...

Sounds like a great run! I hope you have fun tonight!

Taunya said...

Great job on the running. I think doing what your body tells you to do is the best thing (as long as you can tell when you're body is being lazy that is)

Wes said...

That's a very nice run! Way to take advantage of your time.

Jason The Running Man said...

Thanks for stopping by! Great job on the running! I'll be following your progress!

Jess said...

YESSSSSSSSSSS GO UVA!!!! what a great game....really I just hate Duke (I go to Maryland...hating Duke is second natures) :o)