2.06.2007

Wednesday is almost here...

and I am done with class for the week! Ahhhh.....

(ahh...now I have to spend the rest of the week doing paperwork and homework!)

Tonight I went to the gym before my class. I didn't know what I was going to do, especially with my ankle slightly bothering me. But, I felt I could atleast go and get a good lift session in and walk the track to get moving a bit.

So, I lifted my heart out. I really pushed my self hard and can feel it now... what wonderful feeling!

Afterwards, I thought that I would just attempt some *light* running ... yeah... ...only went about 1.3 miles and had to force myself to stop. It wasn't a really bad pain, but it was there and I was afraid I would make it worse.

So I stopped. How frustrating. Oh well. Tomorrow night I will attempt another mile, and do 45 minutes of spin. Then I will try to do a few miles on thursday! If all is well with the ankle that is...

Did I mention it was -36 with the windchill coming home tonight? Brrr. If this isn't more motiviation to really start looking for a job in the Carolina's...I don't know what is! It's so cold that my car didn't get the chance to warm up much between campus and home...which is a good 10 minute drive.. you try icing your legs after being out in these frigid temps! Kind of hard, but you do what you gotta do..

Keep on keeping on!

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Hope your ankle heals soon!


(P.S. I saw that you ran in a UND alumni race... did you go to UND?)

Jess said...

What a trooper for getting to the gym and remaining motivated when it's so darn cold there!

Neese said...

CAROLINAS!! WAHOO! supposed to be 50's here today!

Wes said...

They say you can run before you are entirely healed. Just be careful. What about Georgia? Or Florida? The further south you go, the warmer it gets :-) Sorry, Neese!

J~Mom said...

Fffftt to the Carolinas! It was 80 here yesterday! :>)

Sorry about your ankle!! I hope it gets better very fast!

Neese said...

I take that back, it was 69 degrees at lunch!

Simlin said...

your life seems so hectic, how do you fit in running? Do you ever get to Chill-out...I suppose all the time at -36

Deb said...

Take care on that ankle girlie! spin might not be such a bad idea.

Taunya said...

It's too darn cold for running out there. I'm glad God created gyms.