2.19.2007

I'm BAAACKKK!

We didn't have school today, so after a long weekend of bachelorette party fun, I got back on the horse and went for a run. I was going to try 2-3 miles on friday morning, but my sister and I just weren't feeling it. So, we did a little over a mile around the track and then went to shoot some hoops.

Today I was hoping to get up at a decent time, around 7ish and head to the gym. I didn't get there until after 10, mostly due to being extremely tired from the weekend. Yesterday I had a really sore throat, so I wanted to get as much sleep as I could last night... and I did.

Well, ladies and gentleman....Teacherwoman is back and at full-force! I think. I went to the gym, lifted weights for a while and then hopped onto that wonderful thrillmill (not). My plan was to be on there for 40 minutes, whether I ran most of it, walked most of it, or did a lot of both. I was just hoping that would give me enough time to do 3 miles if I had to do a lot of walking. Results? 40 minutes...and 3.4 miles. Yippee! I did some walking but not too much! My running wasn't too speedy, but that is a-okay with this girl! I stretched afterwards and felt fine! Ahh, how good it feels to be back!

Those of you who have President's Day off...enjoy it!

Happy Running, y'all!

14 comments:

Neese said...

Welcome back!! I bet you are on to something with the weight lifting prior to running! great run!

Joe said...

Welcome back! Good run!

Jess said...

Lucky duck, with your 3 day holiday! No holiday for me, poop!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Glad to hear you're back!

Don't you just love 3 day weekends? :)

MNFirefly said...

YAYYYYYYYY! WTG!!

Rice said...

always nice to be back..

Cheers.

Rice.

Unknown said...

It *is* good to be back, isn't it! :D

J~Mom said...

Welcome back!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!! Glad you got some extra sleep as well!

Wes said...

Yahoo! Nice adjustments, nice run. I take it the party went well. Sounds like a great weekend.

Taunya said...

Welcome back! It's always nice to have a nice good workout after a weekend of play!

miss petite america said...

on the trail today, a chick had a shirt on that said "it's a texas thing y'all. you wouldn't understand"

glad to hear you're back and with a vengeance :)

Mmem said...

Welcome back!! She's back!!!!!

Deb said...

Gald you're back full steam! What happens at the party....STAYS at the party! ;)
Doesn't a great workout do wonders?!

JeffM said...

Congrats on the run- it's good to be back yes?