2.24.2007

Life is Like a Box of Chocolates....

...you never know what you're gonna get.

So true, so true.

I love the movie Forest Gump. I love the music. I tell some that I am the reincarnation of John Lennon...since I was born the day after his death.... I love John Lennon...and the Beatles too!

What a weekend it has been. Did I mention it has been snowing like crazy here? I actually don't mind it. The weather today has been an "ideal" North Dakota winter snow fall. 25 degrees and it looks like a snow globe out there!

Last night I spent some time doing some paperwork and then some pleasure reading for my own health. Today I spent most of the day doing paperwork for school and did some reading for one of my classes. I have spent the past couple of hours completing an application for the next school year. ONE application. Oh, how I don't miss the application process. It is so much work...so much work.

Mmmm ... chocolate! I haven't had chocolate for 4 days now! I think I gave it up for Lent. Along with alchohol. Yeah. Go me. I figured this was going to be the busiest time of the semester and what a better excuse to keep me from partying too hard than to give up alchohol for Lent. Now, I don't know how well that will work, but I am going to try my hardest! I can do it!

I have been doing a little reading of Bob Greene's "The Best Life Diet". Very interesting. I think I am going to try it. Although I do not look at it as a diet. I look at it as a life style change. I have seen so many people jump on and off the diet band wagon that I refuse to go on a diet. I don't want to be on a diet, never have I before. Don't get me wrong, I have seen some succeed from diets, such as Weight Watchers and South Beach Diet, but I have seen so many quit or get burned out as well. Of course, I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds, especially to feel better, but I am not going to go on some crash diet to lose a few pounds. Bob Greene breaks his guide into three phases. And during the first phase (minimum of four weeks) you have to do a multiple of things, a few of which I am already doing, and then a few that I am attempting to do now, consisting of: cutting out alchohol for now, stop eating at least 2 hours before bedtime, and bolster my diet with daily supplements. Another thing Bob Greene stresses is you weigh in the first day of Phase One and not again until the end of Phase One.... that way you do stress about the weight loss/weight gain as your body is adjusting to your new habits. Also, on his website you can figure out your BMI...eeks! Mine is at 26.2 when it should be at 24. I guess I still have a little work to do...which is fine with me! Something to work for!

Anyways, I just thought I would share that. Check it out if you are interested!

On a workout note, I didn't do anything again today. My workout thursday royally wore me out and I wanted another rest day before tomorrow! I don't know what I am going to do tomorrow, but I feel as if my body will tell me when I get there!

Happy Saturday, y'all!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

My BMI is higher than yours, so don't feel too bad.
I am working on it though. I will be interested to hear your progress with your not-diet.

susie said...

I'm a Forest fan, too. And you are so right about diet being a lifestyle change. I finally discovered that at age 50!

Mmem said...

Mmmm chocolate, thanks for the photo:-)

Diet/lifestyle change sounds cool. Can you drink coffee?

Anonymous said...

OMG I can't believe my blog deleted your link to your blog - I think with all my color changes I lost blog links.
Anyway, Good for you on the chocolate and alcohol - I'll have to look into Bob Greene's advice as well. Good luck w/ the snow and if I find any good shoes I'll let you know.

Taunya said...

It's a great idea to stop eating 2 hours before bed. I do my WORST eating then. Good luck to you and I look forward to hear how you like the "lifestyle" change!

J~Mom said...

I am going to check out the book you mentioned. I am determined to make each step of this journey a lifestyle change and not a "diet" so I would love to read it.

Unknown said...

For some reason, I found this funny " I haven't had chocolate for 4 days now! I think I gave it up for Lent"

You *think* ?!?! Anyway it sounds like that is going pretty well. I'm amazed at how well giving up coffee went for me, as I have quite the coffee habit.