2.22.2007

running crazy

My workout today wore me out. Royally. I am not even kidding. I felt great afterwards and as if I could have ran another mile, but I quit. I had to run an errand before Grey's Anatomy was on. Anyway. My PLAN was to run atleast 2 miles, and then head to Spin class. I know, I know...crazy. But, I didn't get to the gym in time to do 2 miles, so I did 1.25 and then went to Spin. Once again, Spin was an awesome workout. Who would have known holding your arms in the air and moving them as if you are lifting 5 lb weights would actually be a hard workout while peddling?! My quads were burning through most of the workout, especially when she would make us freeze...thus only moving our legs, none of the upper body. Ouch! When I was done with Spin, I actually still had more in me ... Here is where crazy enters the picture. I got back on the thrillmill! I was just planning on doing .75 to make my 2 miles for the night, but I did 1.25, again. Oofdah! In a nutshell, my workout tonight consisted of 2.5 miles running and 9.8 miles of spinning! Yeah!

Every once and a while when I am at the gym, I notice things that appear out of place to me. I thought I would share a couple and see what others think. When I was on the thrillmill for the second time tonight, I noticed a girl wearing something unusual on the eliptical. She was wearing a speedo swimsuit with those "swish, swish" kind of pants. Weird? or Just me? And another thing that I noticed tonight that I have noticed before was this: A couple holding hands. Is that really necessary in the gym? I find that really odd. Don't get me wrong, I love holding hands, but do you really need to hold hands when walking through the weight lifting room? Now that takes a real man!


Tomorrow is a rest day. I was going to do an easy 3, but since I 2.5 tonight, tomorrow I will take it easy!

Happy running, y'all!

10 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Enjoy the rest day!

Wes said...

Another new pic! Sweet! No harm, no foul is my motto! Those kind of things don't bother me.

Jess said...

Enjoy your rest; I like your changes to the blog!

miss petite america said...

can we, um, switch legs....yours are super fast and super strong!

Steve Stenzel said...

Yep, I agree. A Speedo swimsuit with "swish swish" pants IS strange. I never understand people at the Y.

But I DO understand planning workouts around TV (unfortunately)!!

Anne said...

Could the swim suit woman have been in the pool prior (or immediately after) to the elliptical? And PDA has no place in the gym!

Michele said...

I was going to ask if you have a pool at the gym. I will sometime run with my swim suit on under my running clothes (but i don't look good in a swimsuit)so that I save time changing. Or like yestrday when I forgot my runnig bra :)

I hate the hand holders when they are on the track.

Enjoy the rest day.

KalEl el Vigilante said...

DIsplays of affection are always welcome, either in the gym, in a classroom or a newsroom...

Unknown said...

if i had gone to the gym intending to swim immediately before or after being on the treadmill, i would possibly have swimming clothes under something like nylon pants - so that doesn't seem weird.

Mmem said...

Spinning looks like the most painful & tough activity, wtg to you for doing that!

PDA's in the gym are strange, imho!