2.01.2007

Body-numbing, snot-freezing, head-aching....

Random thought:
Cupid's Chokehold...such a weird title for a song. But, I guess I have heard worse! Cupid's Chokehold by GYM CLASS HEROES is my favorite song at the moment! If you are looking for a new song to jog to, try this one! Just saw the video and thought it was weird, but I like the beat!

Tomorrow I will not be going to school. Nope. I quit! No...not really. I will be attending a CEC (Council for Exceptional Children) Conference here in town. I am quite pumped! You can never learn to much, right? With that note, I am so pumped that I don't have to drive all the way to school (35 miles) and park my car out there. I don't have a block heater and the high tomorrow is supposed to be -10 with the windchill reaching a near body-numbing, snot-freezing, head-aching 40 below windchill! Who would want to leave their warm home in that kind of weather? Not this chica! Thanks to my Sis, she will be getting up early to drive me to the conference and pick me up at 4! That way I won't have to worry about my car not starting...becuase it probably wouldn't!

Today was the 100th day of school! In most schools, that is a big day in grades K-2/3! So, most of the kids were walking around with necklaces made of 10 sets of 10 fruitloops. The Kindergarteners got 10 sets of 10 different dot stickers to do what ever they wanted to do with them...on paper that is. The kids were pretty excited! Not as excited as the teachers realizing that we are more than halfway over the hump! I am excited because I only have 99 days until I graduate! Wahoo!

Exercise related..... I did not do anything today. I got into town after school, changed, and headed to the coffee shop on campus. I was there until a little after 9pm working on an assessment report that we are going over in a meeting next tuesday. Eeks. This is the first time I have done one of these, and boy are they a lot of work!

Tomorrow, I hope to go to the gym after my coference for a nice 3.1 mile run! We'll see.

4 comments:

miss petite america said...

what the HELL kind of place do you like in?! temperatures that cold are just ridiculous! i'm not made for that weather...my ancestors were from a tropical island!

Unknown said...

Holy Smokes! Minus Ten Degrees?!?!

I think I'd be afraid that my eyes would freeze shut!!

J~Mom said...

Awww...yes the 100th day. I know it all too well! LOL We just had ours about two weeks ago! My daughter took in 100 straws...what a mean mom I am. Actually it was what she wanted to take.

Stay warm!! Would you be upset to hear that I wore short sleeves and flip flops today? :>)

Mmem said...

My son's class glued 100 Fruit Loops to a piece of paper, love that 100 Days activity!!!

That is some pretty cold weather you are talking about:-0