11.21.2006

Post-run cravings

RR: I went out for a slow and easy run tonight. I wanted to take it slow, only becuase I didn't want to push myself too hard before the race thursday. So I logged 4.05 miles and 516 calories. Average heart rate was 164, maxing out at 179...I was glad to keep it below 180. Like I said, it was nice and slow and it felt wonderful!
_________________________________________

Okay, so can anyone tell me why I have the cravings I do after a run? I usually crave salty food and cheese. Sometimes milk. What is the reason behind this? I don't necessarily have a problem with it, just curious as to why I want to eat those things... I am sure someone out there has the answers!

Next time you hear from me...it will be a post-turkey trot report. Yippee! I am pumped!

Keep on keeping on...

3 comments:

Wes said...

Hmmmmm. Cravings.... You are probably craving salty food to replace electrolytes and food in general because you are burning calories. I'm just now starting to feel hungry again after plateuing around 205. Have a great Turkey Trot!

Anonymous said...

I have the opposite cravings. LOTS and LOTS of sweet stuff...and I must have it NOW.

Anonymous said...

Cheese and milk for the protein. Salt because you lost it during your run. Best solution: chunk of cheese and a handful of almonds post-run. That would be an excellent recovery meal and might satisfy the cravings.