8.27.2006

Training: WEEK 17

Graduate school, teaching, and other weekend stuff is really cramping my training... crappy. 13 more days until the 10K! I should really be doing some hills, but for those of you who aren't from around here, ther are NO HILLS in this city. And I have NO gym to go to for running on the thrillmill with the incline.

What will I train for next? I just love the idea of training for something. I think my goal will be to improve my 5K time! You folks heard it here first! Now you just got to hold me to it!

P.S. The Twins lost today. But they took this series! Now they head back to MN to beat the Royals tuesday night!

Monday: 3.45 miles overall (1.19 mile run, 1.07 mile walk with dog, & 1.19 mile run)
Tuesday: OFF
Wednesday: 2.5 miles run
Thursday: OFF
Friday: OFF
Saturday: OFF (I did do some canoing with my sister...does that count?)
Sunday: OFF

WEEK 17 Totals:

  • __5.95_ miles ran

5 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on the running. Pooh on the Twins, but we kicked butt in the series.

cdoc said...

I thinking canoeing counts for a good upper body workout. Running in GF will be quite different from running in Medora, that's for sure! Just run up and down the Columbia Bridge a few times;).

Donald said...

Thanks for the link. It's a good idea. There are some companies that do this, also - a Google search could probably turn up one near you.

Unknown said...

I like to have a goal that I am training for as well, but sometimes it is nice to just run without a plan.

Neese said...

i'm with you i'd like to improve my 5k time as well, i'll hold you to it by asking what 5k race do you see in your future? :)