8.29.2006

A few miles later...

Went for a run tonight when I got out of class at 7pm. Couldn't have been a more beautiful time of the day. Gorgious. 75 degrees, sunny, with a cool breeze.

I took off at a good pace. I felt like I had nothing holding me back and that I have been running for years. What a wonderful feeling... it has been almost a week since I had ran last.

So, a few miles later, I came to a stop and felt GREAT.

This semester just started last week, but getting situated with night classes and trying to figure out my schedule for school (which can take FOREVER in special education) has been a little stressful and but more so time-consuming and mind-consuming. I haven't reached that high level of stress yet. I hope that won't kick in until october/november. First sign of that will be grinding my teeth in my sleep. Anyone who has shared a room with me (cdoc?!?!) could agree with this!

Well, back to the homework/paperwork! Happy runnings, y'all!


P.S. Neese ---> I plan on doing the 5K Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning in my hometown! So I will have a little over 10 weeks to train for that! I am not a speed runner, so I made need some advice from you all out there!

5 comments:

SRR said...

When do you start back girlfriend? You lucky duck!

MNFirefly said...

Awesome!! The weather is AWESOME! I wish I was out there running. You are so lucky!

cdoc said...

I can vouch for the teeth grinding, that's for sure! Baby S grinds her teeth already, but not while she's sleeping, during the day, I think she likes the sound, but it drives me nuts, I just shove a toy in her mouth to chew on when she does it. I will be back in the midwest by Thanksgiving, but probably not until the day of in Minneapolis, otherwise I would come to watch. Nice run.

Lance Notstrong said...

It's an awesome feeling when you can really hit "the zone" on a run :-)

Michele said...

Sounds like a great run, awesome job!