8.06.2006

Training: WEEK 14

Well, I am back on GF now. So sad. I don't know what I will do with myself now. School starts in a little over 2 weeks. Well, Inservice does. Yikes. Well, I will still be doing a very little work at B&BW. So, I will probably just spend some time reading in the sun and getting back on track with my running!

Did I mention that I am no longer training for a half marathon. Nope. I am not ready. Mentally or physically. Instead, Dad and I are planning to do a 10K run that same day on the trails in Medora! I think that will be fun! And beautiful!

Well, I was able to do a short run on friday morning before we headed to Lake Sakakawea! (Thanks CDoc for the spelling...I knew that at one point but forgot!) And then, on Saturday, shockingly, I was able to get up and run out at the lake! I did not use my Garmin, but I am thinking I went atleast 3.5 miles due to the time it took me. First time running on gravel...not too bad...except for those darn grass hoppers.

Enough about that. I will post more later with some pictures from my vacation...hopefully!



Training: WEEK 14

Monday: 7.82 miles bike
Tuesday: OFF - in the Twin cities
Wednesday: OFF - in the Twin cities
Thursday: OFF
Friday: 2.57 miles run
Saturday: 3.5 miles run
Sunday: OFF


WEEK 14 TOTALS:

  • __6.07__ miles (run)
  • __7.82__ miles (bike)
  • __0__ laps (swim)

5 comments:

Neese said...

the 10k sounds great. enjoy your last 2 weeks before school :)

Michele said...

It is good that you are able to listen to your body and NOT do the half instead of going out there when you are not ready. There will always be another half.
Enjoy your last two weeks for summer. School has already started here, summer is over :(

MNFirefly said...

Don't worry about not training for the half-marathon. Do what comfortable doing.

Simlin said...

pitty about the half, I had to do the same thing. When are you rescheduling too?

Anne said...

Good for you for recognizing your limitations at the moment. So many would stick with the original commitment even when everything is telling them to give it a rest. A 10k ... with your dad? Sounds ideal.