5.16.2006

Who has the answers?

So, I realized yesterday that I was possibly coming down with something. Why now? Why me? I haven't been sick with a full-blown cold or flu in ages. Or atleast a couple years. Why is it now, that my body is having a hard time fighting this off. Do I spend more time resting? Do I keep on with my exercising? What is the happy medium? Am I missing out on something in my diet? Who has the answers?

I have already come to the realization that I am not going to get my 12 miles this week. I haven't run yet, since my week begins on mondays and I took monday off due to a long run sunday, and today I didn't have time due to a dinner date with some friends from work. This coming weekend I plan to be out of town, so I am hoping to do my long run friday afternoon.

I am starting to get nervous with the thought of summer school starting in a week and a half. Over a nine week period, I plan to get 17 credits out of the way. With the stress of graduate school, juggling time between class and studying, I am wondering how I will fit in a running schedule.... But I guess I will just have to burn that bridge when I get there.

Any suggestions out there?

2 comments:

cdoc said...

A doctor told me that if it is a head cold, you can still exercise, it may actually help clear your head (it did for me when I had a cold), but don't overdo it. If it is a chest cold or the actual flu (which usually causes a cough), only a little bit or none at all because it could actually make it worse. Just passing on what the doctor said, so I assume there is truth to it. Also, I read in a runner's magazine that you should eat some yogurt and a piece of fruit (apple, banana, etc.) right before the run, it will help give you energy, yogurt has tons of protein, and I have been following that and it seems to help me get through the run. That is all I got:).

teacherwoman said...

Thanks cdoc! I will definitely be trying that!