5.22.2006

New Shoes...and other stuff..!!!


I got new shoes!

I am so excited! It feels like I am running on clouds! I had a really hard time deciding on whether to get them or not, but I did! And I don't regret it at all! When I ran with them yesterday, I couldn't believe the difference. My old shoes really were worn and just not right for me! I never thought I would be this excited over shoes. But, when I got off the treadmill yesterday, I felt that I could have ran for miles and miles.

On another note...today was so HOT here. I couldn't beleive it. Yesterday we barely reached 70 degrees, and today it was 89! 89! 89! I am glad I did my workout this morning in the gym, (with my new shoes)! But, it has been a bit windy. Ha! If anyone knows the weather here, it is hard to describe it without the word windy! The Windy City doesn't know wind until they've been here! Oh....if I could get rid of the wind here, it would be such a happier place for all!

I went and bought most of my books today for summer school! That was kind of exciting. A little expensive, but kind of exciting. When coming home, it kind of hit me. Wow, I am going back to school! This feels weird. I haven't taken classes in two years! But, still, I am excited!

Well, that's about it for today. Kind of a worthless post, but I felt it has been a while! Have a great tuesday, folks!

4 comments:

Erin said...

New shoes always bring a little inspiration to my running! I hope this doesn't seem wierd, but I was just pressing "next blog... next blog..." and came to yours. I'm a runner too & am recently trying to establish running into my life as a new mother. While finding the time is difficult, the running keeps my whole world glued together.

Joe said...

Sexy shoes! I just love Asics. Which model are yours? Man, getting new shoes is so motivating, isn't it?

teacherwoman said...

My Asics are the Kayano XII.... nice huh?!?! I LOVE THEM!

Unknown said...

It's amazing what a new pair of shoes will do to your motivation. I always love my first run in new shoes after wearing worn down shoes for months. They are so comfortable.