5.11.2006

ENDURANCE

Endurance is something that I need to work on. I feel as if there are things that are not insync when I run. It is usually my lungs that want to cry first. My legs can go longer. I have battled on and off with side stitches every once and a while. This may be coming from pushing myself too hard. I don't know. Maybe I need to work on my breathing. Sometimes I think I focus too much on my breathing that I can't enjoy my run, and that is when I usually get those darn side stitches.

I looked up the definition of endurance (even though I knew what it meant), this is what I found:

the power to withstand hardship or stress; "the marathon tests the runner's endurance"; tolerance, long-sufferance, long-suffering, stamina, toughness, continuing existence, duration, etc.

Well, if that doesn't sum it up, I don't know what will. Stress. Duration. Existence. Tolerance. That all says it. I know I need to kick into gear my Cross Training to increase my endurance, and I hope to begin Spinning again soon. Any recommendations?

No comments: