5.14.2006

Training: WEEK 2

Monday: After spending the last 36 hours with some sort of a headache, I still decided to go for a run today since I missed my long run yesterday for week 1. What a way to start. I jogged 3.5 miles and felt great!

Tuesday: Not sore today. Actually, I feel really good. I got a good nights sleep and am rested. Won't get a chance to run/workout today, since I didn't want to get up at 5am and I have a dinner to go to tonight at 6pm.

Wednesday: Had to workout at 5am. Well, had to get up at 5am, but got to the gym by 5:20. But, it had to be done, otherwise I would have had 2 days off, and that just wasn't going to cut it for me! I ran 2.5 miles this morning in 27 minutes(10.8 min. mile). It was a hard and faster run. That is all I had time for. Shins were bothering me a little bit. I think I will take thursday off from running and do some Cross Training(XT) in the AM.

Thursday: XT in the AM. 20min. on the Stairstepper and then 10 minutes of weights.

Friday: This was supposed to be my LONG run day. Didn't happen. walked 2 miles. Shin Splints...I believe.

Saturday: OFF....this was hard.

Sunday: LONG run today. 4 miles in 46 minutes. Went well. Took my time and it felt good. One of those runs where I felt I could have gone longer, but I didn't want to push it.

WEEK 2 TOTALS:

  • 12 miles
  • 30 min. XT


Now, I have another long week ahead.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Sounds like a good week.
How are your shins feeling now? I hope they are feeling better and that you have a good week this week.

teacherwoman said...

Shins are feeling good. I iced after my long run. So that helped with extra stretching. Thanks!

Lora said...

Keep it up!! I'm enjoying your updates. Do you do any light weight training? Might be a good idea.

teacherwoman said...

I haven't done much weight training. Do you have any suggestions lora??

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by. I like both of your blogs and the two quotes you have on your headers are just what I need for both aspects of my life. I am starting a masters of education program this summer, assuming I don't flunk out this quarter. Good luck with your training.

Brooke said...

Hey there--- I don't really have a weight training plan that I do. I have dumb bells that I use at home as well as a stability/core ball. I do a lot of bicep, tricep, chest and shoulder work. I only lift twice a week, but I've seen some difference already.