5.10.2006

Running Shoes


Yes. These are my running shoes. They are the only pair I have. I have not yet reached the point where I have more than one pair of shoes. Maybe I have reached that point, but just haven't got the money. Yeah. That sounds right. If I had more money, I would probably have a few pairs. These shoes have had their fair share of miles. Does anyone else have a hard time finding "the right" shoes? I still don't think I have found "my perfect shoe" but I am getting closer. I think next time I am going to have to stray away from the New Balance. My last pair of New Balances, even though they were so cute, gave me the worst cuts on my ankles. Some sort of plastic broke through the fabric in no time. So, needless to say, I was weary of buying another pair, but these are a different number. These are 536 ABZORB . And, I have enjoyed these; with a little touch of pink in them. But, they have done a little rubbing on my pinky toes. Not always, but they did. Maybe it was just my stride. Maybe I have improved my stride, because the last couple of weeks have been fine. If anyone wants to share their favorite shoe, I would love to hear.

6 comments:

cdoc said...

Brooks, a great brand. And find the right place to buy them. I went to this small store that is all about running. They have running clubs, classes, all this cool stuff. The people selling the shoes are trained very well. They have you walk and they watch you and then you stand in one place and they have you lift your legs and they watch how you step. Then they pick out the right shoes and brands that are best for your step. Turns out that I roll out when I step, and the shoes they found for me stopped the pain I had in my feet when I first started to run. They even had a treadmill in the store for you to run on to try out the shoes before you bought them. You need to find a store like that!

teacherwoman said...

Thanks cdoc! I hope to find a store like that. I know I won't find one around here. Maybe when I come visit you we could find that store?!?!

cdoc said...

Sounds like a plan!

Anonymous said...

you can go to road runner sports and visit the shoe dog site which will help find the right shoe based on usage, foot style etc.http://www.roadrunnersports.com/cgi-bin/rrs/rrs/rrShoeDog.jsp?hasSeen=1&BV_SessionID=@@@@1921271881.1147445348@@@@&BV_EngineID=faddgildjdigbekgcgecfeedgf.0&displayImages=1

Anne said...

You are far from alone in finding "the right shoe." I've learned that different companies produce quite different shoes and that sizes vary widely, not to mention the needs change when you go from a 10-mile-per-week to 50 mpw runner.

I began wearing Nike, the Asics, and then switched about 8 years ago to Saucony and love my Grid Omni, which have the advantage of being had for half price once a month at the local sporting goods store.

And welcome to the running bloghood!

teacherwoman said...

Thanks for the info everyone! Much appreciated!