5.23.2006

To Donate...or Not to Donate...

Okay. So I have an issue. As some of you may have noticed, I am in the process of trying to grow my hair out to donate to Locks of Love. But, I also noted that I may not be patient enough. Well, I think I have reached the end of my patience. I am afraid that I may have too many short layers in my hair. And I am pretty sure even my longest layers aren't long enough(10 inches). While getting ready this morning for my workout, I realized that I am sick of this big mop. For those of you who know me personally, you know that it is not just the length that is driving me crazy....it is the thickness. They could make multiple wigs from my head of hair. It is at the length where I am afraid it won't grow much longer before I shave my head...it is just too HEAVY! DANGIT! With this warm weather, I sometimes feel as if I have a plastic bag over my head! I want to blame my headaches from this big mop. What do I do? I want to be able to donate, but I don't think I can wait much longer. I want to be able to just throw it up in a ponytail and barely notice it is even there. I don't want to be able to feel my hair pulling the ponytail out as I am reaching the end of my runs.....

5 comments:

cdoc said...

You easily have enough to donate. For one thing, to count the 10 inches, you get to pull your hair straight. Another thing, my hair has layers too and I can still donate it. I bet you would be surprised, my hair is shorter than yours and it is already longer than it was the first time I donated it. I only have 3 more months to go (my hairdresser told me that) and I will be able to have it about shoulder length. I bet yours would be about shoulder lenght either now or soon. Do what I do when I think I can't wait any longer, think about all those children that would love to have your thick, beautiful, curly hair, it may be their dream. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Donald said...

I'm not one to weigh in as to how much hair is too much, but I know that our hospital doesn't use wigs of real hair for our cancer patients, anyway. Apparently they aren't as sterile as synthetic material.

It's still a good cause. But don't think of somebody "missing out" if you opt to not donate.

P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Brooke said...

What a dilemma. I am like you. I am very impatient when it comes to growing out my hair. I also have really thick hair so it gets very heavy as it gets longer.

You can do it. You can wait a couple more months.

SRR said...

Locks of love! How sweet! What a great idea!!

I have thin hair...so I can't help ya on the thick issue. What about pulling it back? But I know that can old after awhile!

cdoc said...

I know you, and I know you can do it!