6.02.2007

Solo Run

In the midst of wedding preparation all around, I went out for a short solo run. I did the same loop my sister and I did a couple days ago. 2.25 miles. This time the weather was nicer. It was warm, but the clouds were hiding the sun and there was a cool breeze. In addition, the cottonwood trees are in the process of shedding their cotton, and it is blowing every where. Nothing like coughing on cotton while running!


Since I have a little more time to post these days, I will be posting our adventures in this journey to help my sister have the most beautiful wedding. Plus, I plan to use a lot of these in the gift I will be making for her and her future husband! Scrapbook fun!

Mom wanted a pic of Steph and I running. So when I got back from my run, we had to pretend to run. This is us running down our road....
And then when we were done pretending, she wanted us to go to a specific location near our home. To pretend to run. Her thinking is that after the wedding, she won't have the "opportunity" to take pics of us running... okay mom! This location is near our home... a huge 100+ year old tree in the middle of the road. We always thought it was pretty cool that they built a road around a tree!
And then, I caught mom in the action... of pulling weeds. Her and Steph spent most of the afternoon pulling weeds. There were only two pairs of gloves...otherwise I would have helped...no doubt!
I snapped a beautiful photo of the bride-to-be .... happy to be finished with her duty of pulling weeds...
And then there was Dad. Mowing. For...ev....er!!! I think it took 2 plus hours! Atleast he had his handy dandy headphones that block out noise... and he must have been jamming to some good tunes... for sure! (He is my partner in crime when it comes to the Tar Heels...can you tell?)
Stay tuned for more photos.... if you're interested!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did they really mow/pull weeds or were they just pretending? :)

Great pictures! Congrats to the bride-to-be!

Neese said...

lol re: pretend run. Aren't moms great? :) love it. The scrapbook idea is fantastic, I'm definetly staying tuned :)

Marcy said...

That IS pretty cool! The tree in the road. I've never seen that before. Wonder what made it so special? LOL

Are you sure Mom didn't have a case behind those weeds? We've seen her slam em down! LOL JK!! Don't you just love Moms? Always making you do stuff like that :)

MNFirefly said...

Cottonwood = VERY icky for sinuses

Great pictures!

J~Mom said...

Ah those are great pics!!! Great job getting it all documented! :>) The scrapbooker in me is very proud!

Unknown said...

How funny - posed pretend running photos. But it's nice.

Looks like nice weather for outdoor wedding prep activities. Nice photos!

Brooke said...

Cute stuff.

Ms Eva said...

I'd like to see photos of some of the scrapbook pages you create! I *heart* scrapbooking. :)

Deb said...

What a great yard!!!! I have a little patch of grass and that's it. Looks liek you're loving being home. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I love the posed running pic! Best of luck to your sister.

akshaye said...

now im really jealous! you seem to have the best of places to run or "pretend" to run in. Great post!

Jess said...

Great pics!

Runner Leana said...

Love your "pretend" running pics. It looks like a beautiful area!

Wes said...

At least there is somebody in this world with enough sense to leave the tree alone :-) Nice pics! Happy times for the family!!

jahowie said...

Great pics!! It looks like a very beautiful area. I've never seen a road that goes around a tree before. That is very cool. Hey...someone needs to get behind that camera and take some more pics of you.

Joe said...

I love the picture with the tree in the middle of the road.

I must get myself some of those handy dandy headphones.

Allez said...

pretty pictures

Mendy said...

Great pics! That tree is so neat looking, right in the road!

Larissa said...

Beautiful locale - and you were very convincing in your "pretend" running. What a blessing to be able to spend quality time with your sis before her big day.

I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

Scott McMurtrey said...

great photos. for pretending to run it really does look like you're running! you're a master of illusion. :)

Anonymous said...

You live in SUCH a beautiful area!