6.06.2007

Hump Day

After spending most of monday painting, I did no paiting yesterday. I couldn't. But, the arbor is finished... we're waiting out the weather before planting it in its location... we're supposed to get some nasty rainstorms this week!

Last friday night, I began working on the programs for the wedding. I spent the evening printing the outside cover, which included the front of the program, and then the "thank you" on the inside of the back cover. I almost had a nervous breakdown yesterday when the inside sheets weren't fitting quite right. I couldn't figure out what happened as we had done a trial one. With a few adjustments to the pages and a little extra snipping at the ends, they were perfect. I will not post a picture of the programs just yet... I don't want to spoil it before the wedding! But, here I am ... working diligently on cutting the inside pages!
Last night, after we celebrated Steph's 23rd birthday at Johnny Carino's, we spent some more time on the programs while Mom and Dad finished putting together the picnic table, and then doing some yard work....
________________________________________________
On monday, I had an interview... phone interview that lasted only 20 minutes. But it went well. Yesterday morning I got a call back saying that they gave the position to someone with more experience. I can totally understand. To be honest, I was kind of relieved. I wasn't exactly ready to spend my first year teaching middle school students with behavior issues. I was told not to do that right away... as it will totally burn a person out. Now, I just need to keep applying. This is a district I really want to work in, so I am hoping for another interview with another school and a different position.
________________________________________________

Today

I slept in this morning as I was totally exhausted. I then went out for a solo run. I added a an extra length onto the loop that runs around our "neighborhood" and totalled a distance of 3.16 miles. It felt good, but boy was that sun hot. I can't afford to get tan lines a week before the wedding!


For a bit of clarification... I think some may have thought I did an 8 mile run monday because I said I did 4 miles. Out and back. I meant it was four miles total...and the run was an "out and back" run. oops. Just a little clarification.

Happy Hump Day, y'all!! Keep on keeping on!

13 comments:

Marcy said...

Man you're making me tired!! It's no wonder you were exhausted this morning! Weddings are hard work, huh? LOL

Sorry about the job (I think LOL) It's probably best anyway if you really didn't want it :) I can only imagine how difficult it would be to teach a group of middle school students with behavioral issues. Shoot, I can't even keep track of my own kids :P

Great job on that run!! ;D;D

Larissa said...

You're going to find the perfect job! And in the meantime, you should hire yourself out as the ultimate wedding planner! Man, you are the chic to have when a wedding is in the works. Your sis is lucky!

J~Mom said...

Where were you when I got married? ;>) It's getting so exciting around there! I can't wait to see all the pics.

That does sound like it worked out for the better with the job. Another one is waiting!

Wes said...

For us old married couples, Hump Day has an entirely different meaning ;-) That's so cool you are helping out your sis with the artsy stuff. No wonder you'll be a fantastic teacher. Good luck with the continued interviews....

Dances with Corgis said...

AHH BRIDEZILLA!!!

:) heehee. Just kidding.

Sorry about the job, phone interviews are always so touch and go. At least they called you and let you know you didn't get it instead of leaving you hanging.

Good luck with the next round of applications!

Brooke said...

What an amazing sister you are.

The perfect job will find you. I am sure of it.

Unknown said...

you've been busy busy busy.

and that running ticker is moving right along this month. good job.

sounds like that wasn't the right job anyway. keep at it, the right one will come along. :)

CewTwo said...

One Comment! I hate painting! It's great that you can do and can so actively participate in your sister's wedding.

Keep up the running!

Jess said...

I hope your sister appreciates such help! You're like her own, personal wedding planner.

I didn't do half that crap when I got married -- mostly because I wouldn't be very patient, but also because I'm lazy. (My husband made our invitations -- he's much craftier than I am though.)

Mendy said...

Wes! Too funny! David is in total agreeance with you there about Hump day. LOL

sorry, too bout hearing about the job. But, like others said - it's probably for the better. Good luck to you! Waiting it out for the right job is the way to go! and it will mean so much more to you too!

miss petite america said...

wedding preparation can be oh so fun...especially when they're not yours!!

Runner Leana said...

So sorry to hear the job didn't work out, but I think that is true about teaching kids with behavioral issues. My sister-in-law is a special ed teacher and after teaching for a few years she is definitely burned out and won't go back to teaching. She loved her kids, but it definitely got to be too much.

Sounds like prep for the wedding is going great though -- way to go!

Neese said...

that's understandable your reasoning about not wanting the job, and you know any interview is good practice so good that it happened.. I like your photo documentaries lately, very nice :)