6.23.2007

Mini-Duathlon

I went out for a 4 mile run this morning with the 'rents. It was a slow and easy 4 miles, for sure. A slight breeze on the run would have been greatly appreciated... Maybe next time.

I got home, fueled up a bit, stretched some, and then took off on the bike.

Run: 4 miles
Temp: 77 degrees
Humidity:56%
Duration: 55:10
Pace: 13:47 (I said it was slow)
Avg HR: 164
Max HR: 180

T1: 7:00

Bike: 8.05 miles
Temp: 82 degrees, feels like 84
Humidity: 59%
Duration: 36:23
Pace: 4.31/mi
Avg HR: 167
Max HR: 177

It's supposed to get into the mid- to upper- 90's today. I feel sorry for those 400+ softball teams in town for the annual McQuade Softball Tournament! I remember when Dad used to play in this tournment... it always seems soo hot and miserable to sit and watch! I couldn't imagine playing in this! Good luck teams!

Happy running, y'all!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a great workout!

J~Mom said...

Sweet workout!! I bet it felt awesome to stack them together like that!

Dances with Corgis said...

Woah that is like the softball tournament to end all tournaments! Shesh.

That's awesome that you can head out on those runs with your parents :) Mine have er... slowed down somewhat over the years... maybe I could convince mom for some power walk bonding :)

Oh... and I tagged ya! So go to my blog to get the deets, beyotch ;)

Unknown said...

Good workout. I bet you felt good about doing the run/ride combo. :)

akshaye said...

sweet .. running and biking on the same day! been really warm here too.. the mid 90's are killing us.

psbowe said...

Cool, nice going there. Oh, I want to play softball.

teacherwoman said...

Another note: I guess this softball tournament IS the largest in america! They have also created teams in Iraq as well!

Jess said...

Good job with your workout!

MNFirefly said...

Great job!!

Marcy said...

Whooooaaaa waayyy more then I'd ever do!! LOL You rock!!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Great workout there....I agree about the softball, it would be even too hot to watch....anyone have a cold one?

Scott McMurtrey said...

nice workout. it's been way too long since i've been on my bike and i just know the seat will curse my bum the minute i do - maybe that's why i've been delaying it.

that softball tourney looks like it will be fun no matter how hot it gets...as long as there's beer.