6.25.2007

Kick Me

I keep kicking myself for not getting out of bed early enough. I was awake at 7am before my alarm went off, I should have gotten up then. But no. I lay in bed for a while, and then I was one the computer for a while. Before I knew it, it was after 9 and I knew it was already warm. I thought it would have been a whole lot cooler this morning, when in reality, it really didn't cool off that much last night. It's just that time of the year.

Time: 9:35am
Temp: 76 degrees/feels like 80
Humidity: 79%
Distance: 3 mile run
Duration: 36:33
Avg Pace: 12:11
Avg HR: 167
Max HR: 181

As much as I was dreading my run this morning (mostly due to the heat/humidity), I pushed myself through it. I kept it at a steady pace and took walk breaks when necessary. It was just so hot in the direct sun. Instead of doing the 3 mile loop around our neighborhood, I was thinking I should have done the out-and-back on the trail along the golf course. There would have been less sun, for sure.

I have created a "training schedule" to follow for the next couple months. We'll see how well I can follow it. Life sometimes gets in the way... so I must be somewhat flexible!

Happy running, y'all!

17 comments:

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

This whole running process requires flexibility and understanding, at least for us part-timers. Would love to peek at your schedule that you mentioned, I'm needing to set one up too. You can email it if you want if it won't work on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Yikes. I HATE humidity with a living passion!! At least you got yourself out there :)

Larissa said...

Hey, you got out there and you got it done. Humidity does, in fact, suck. A lot. Have you tried ecaps? They work wonders for me in the heat!

Wes said...

Plans are training aids! Not contracts written in stone :-) Run in the heat and humidity. It will make you stronger!!

Allez said...

Running in the heat is rough! Are you training for something in particular?

Marcy said...

79% humidity? YUCK!!! No thanks. My running takes a huge dive in that kind of heat and humidity LOL You got it done, and that's all that matters! ;D

MNFirefly said...

Humidity SUCKS. But great effort on the run.

Anonymous said...

Be flexible, but try to stay on course whenever you can. The humidity really makes me sick, but I am lucky for being a morning person who is up at 5AM on the weekends even...

Still, only do what you can, running is meant to be fun, but there is that fine line between when it is fun and when it is a pain in the butt. If you put the time in it can be fun, but you can't let it overtake other important things in life... Above all, have fun with it...

Scott McMurtrey said...

i find myself kicking...myself...when i get out of bed too early. so no i'm not going to kick you for staying in just a little longer! all the important races in the world start at 9am so that's a good training time. :) (did that sound official?)

jahowie said...

You are doing great!! No need to kick yourself. Let me do it. LOL!! Just kidding.

Runner Leana said...

I'm a procrastinator too, but thankfully I don't have the humidity to deal with here. Way to go on getting the run in regardless!

Jess said...

Ew 79% humidity. Props on getting your run in anyway!

Joe said...

Tsk, tsk. When will you learn...

Ian said...

I would kick you, but I can NEVER run in the mornings. My body craves sleep too much so I'm an evening-runner or not-a-runner-at-all.

Jess said...

I think we ALL deal with the early morning run issue -- you're not alone!

Krista said...

Don't feel too bad - I think you've read my own accounts of laying in bed for no good reason at all. At least you got out there and ran!

Shwetablog said...

grt