6.22.2007

Par 4....Hole in 8?

Yesterday morning Dad and I went golfing. We headed to the location of the World's Largest Holstein Cow (Mom's hometown) and golfed 9 holes.

It was greener than usual. We were the only ones golfing, so it was mostly quiet, except for the guy who decided to trim the rough on holes 6 and 7 while we were on them. My drive was rediculous, but I had a couple nice puts to make up for it.

_________________________________________________

This morning I went out for what was to be an easy 3 miles. I decided to cut it short when the clouds disappeared and the sun was in full force. The humidity was just too much for me, although it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. It's just been too long, since my last run.
Time: 9:30am
Temp: 71 degrees, overcasting
Humidity: 78%
Distance: 2.55 miles
Duration: 28:13
Avg Pace: 11:03
Avg HR: 173
Max HR: 191
Looking at my Max HR and Duration, I guess I was bookin' it. For me that is.
________________________________________________
I will be posting more wedding pics... I am kind of waiting to get a disc from someone who has some great photos...but I might just post a few of what I have.
Happy Running, y'all!

7 comments:

Wes said...

Man, you are sufferin :-) That is a high heart rate, but gals usually do run a bit high!! Nice run though, and cool swing on the ole golf course too. I haven't played since the restaurant opened.

Ms Eva said...

It's always a good thing to listen to your body and not over-extend yourself and risk injury. :)

I can't golf at all... DH stopped asking me to join him as I take so long.

Jess said...

Golfing sounds like fun. I can't remember the last time I played (unless you count mini-golf :o)

Can't wait to see wedding pics!

Neese said...

lol re: wes, i was thinking the same thing, it's like you are on an exoctic vacation.. it's so nice to see you doing these things after working so hard the last year +

Jess said...

I haven't golfed in years, but what's ironic is that my condo overlooks a golf course! I live right up against one (which is pretty common here in FL -- they're everywhere), but it's a country club and the fees are pretty pricey to play there, so I don't know if we'll ever ventrue over for a few holes.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

I've seen that cow!!!!! She is definitely BIG!!
Your heart rate was a tad high it would seem, don't let it get out of hand.....nice time tho even with the temp and humidity.

J~Mom said...

78% humidity? That is just crazy!!

The golfing looks like fun!