6.26.2007

Evening Run with Mom

Okay, according to my schedule, today is to be a rest/XT day. But, I just couldn't help myself. The weather was so much better today than it was yesterday and I couldn't let it go to waste. After Mom got home from work, we went out for a sweet, short run before dinner.

Time: 5:45pm
Temp: 79/feels like 79
Humidity: 27% (only!)
Wind: 20-25 mph gust from the W
Distance: 2.31 mile Run
Duration: 28:36
Avg Pace: 12:22
Avg HR: 159
Max HR: 176 (and we talked the whole time)


____________________________________________________

Time for Questions & Answers!
Allez had asked if I was training for something specific. And the answer is NO, not yet. I figured if I started training, then when I get settled in a new place for a new job, (where ever that may be) I could take part in a race coming up.... if that makes any sense. Probably just a 5K/10K in the near future, and then a half marathon this fall.

Randy was asking to see my training schedule... so I thought I would post it here. It looks something like this but I am pretty flexible with it.
Monday: 2-3 easy miles or Bike
Tuesday: Rest/Bike
Wednesday: 4-5 miles
Thursday: Rest/Bike
Friday: 3 miles or Intervals
Saturday: Rest/Bike
Sunday: Long Run


Some days may get switched around... we'll see how it goes!

Check out my earlier post... wedding picture galore!

12 comments:

Lora said...

Looks like a real good schedule. And to get to run with your Mom--Girl you are blessed!!

Congrats on your sister's wedding. You all looked beautiful!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Thanks for posting your schedule. It looks incredibly like what I want to do on a weekly basis, especially now that we have joined the health club and I can do a recumbent bike there. Friday's I think would be a rest day for me with Saturdays either a short run or race and Sunday for long runs.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Oops I thought you had two different posts today. Great run with your Mom. Is she a runner too? Is that water along the left edge of the map you posted? How did you post that it is really cool.

teacherwoman said...

In response to Randy's questions:

Yes, that is water along the edge of the map. We are only about 1/2-1 mile in from the Missouri River... it's just beautiful out here.

I got the map from www.mapmyrun.com

Sign up and you can map your runs with the gps map...save them and so much other things. Keep a training log, etc.

MNFirefly said...

Nice job! Looks like a great schedule.

Ms Eva said...

How cool to run with your mom! I'm so jealous! :)

Jess said...

It must have been fun getting in a run with your mom!

And the wedding pictures were gorgeous! It looked like everyone had a really great time! Congrats to your sister and her husband!

Marcy said...

That's SOOOO cute that you run with Mom. God, I'd probably want to leave me Mom in the dust if she ever decided to run with me LOL JK (kinda, I love my Mom but she drives me nutty hehe)

Jess said...

That sound slike a nice run with your mom -- how sweet!

akshaye said...

great schedule.. and how awesome that your mom runs too. how much are you going for on your long run on sundays?

Mendy said...

Sounds nice to run with your Mom! You are lucky!

Wes said...

So, you're not going to take me up on that offer to get you hitched? LOL. Really cool stuff, running with Mom, especially on a sweet short run!!