6.14.2007

Not telling...

First and foremost.... I am not telling which two states I had interviews in. I don't want anyone to influence my decision. There is one that I would rather work for, for 2 reasons: 1) it's a state I have never been to but is full of things that I would enjoy, and 2) the position there is exactly what I would like. The other school is a little bit closer to home and pays a little better. We'll see.
Okay, so I didn't get outside last night for a run, although it was a beautiful night. But, I did go out for what was planned to be a short easy run this morning. Well, I didn't have the desire to go slow and run through the whole duration of 2 miles, so I picked it up a notch, attempted to do a Fartlek-sort-of-run and added an extra loop onto my run. It went pretty well, but the air was heavy and full of cotton. I did a lot of walking between My breathing was off...so to speak.

Time: 9:10am
Temp: 65 degrees & sunny
Humidity: 88% (dead air)
Distance: 3.00 miles Fartlek
Duration: 34:17
Avg HR: 171
Max HR: 188
_______________________________________________


Two days until the wedding. Yesterday us girls (mom, my sisters, and I) went to get our nails done. It was their first times and my baby sister offered to pay for us all... she is the only one working right now!
.....Mom

.....Steph... da bride..

....Susan....da baby sis.

....and Me.

Later on, we did some more outdoor work. Dad finished mowing the lawn, again, and then the boys packed up a lot of the stuff in our garage to take elsewhere for the weekend. We need the space.

We also set up the beautiful arbor....

...groom, bride....and father-of-the-bride.

Today, the rental place is currently setting up our huge tent, the one that will serve purpose for the dinner and dance to follow!

We hope to get the pontoon out on the river and the wedding party will relax a bit before the big day.


I will post more pictures later!

19 comments:

Larissa said...

Uh, hello . . you got yer nails done! No more work for you!!!

Have a great day - time for all your hard work to pay off.

And, great run, btw!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great! I hope the wedding goes smoothly!

Wes said...

The big day is getting closer! Woo hooo. Gonna be a party :-)

Neese said...

ooo nails done, very nice, and generous of lil' sis!! happy almost wedding day, and almost most importantly the reception!! mmm beer.

J~Mom said...

Ahhh...getting the nails done..how fun!!

Almost time, it's getting exciting! Are you going to cry when sis says I do?

jahowie said...

You are one busy girl!!

You must have been pushing it because your heart was really pumpin'!! :-)

Krista said...

88% humidity - I would be wheezing, too! Have fun at the wedding this weekend!

Marcy said...

Ooooooo looks like a GREAT day!!! Hope the wedding is a blast ;D

Jess said...

Looks like the wedding will be wonderful!

So, everyone else...do you wanna start making bets and guessing which two states she's considering? I'm gonna guess Minnesota and Montana. Anyone want to wager?

Ms Eva said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear about the job you're offered - I just know they'll want you! :)

CewTwo said...

Two Comments -

What a unique blog. I enjoy reading it every time. Always something of interest. The family project that will culminate in the union of two people is a major chronicle in itself. I feel like I am there and sharing in a most important time in your family. Thanks!

Secondly, I know what you mean about leaving out some information. I don't know if it is "Jinks," or what, but I do the same. My company employs well over a 1000 people. I am the company safety director. I would never place one of the signs above the main door that states (something to the effect of) "XX days without an accident or injury." I just know that if I were to, there would be a recordable accident/injury that very day. So, I manage from a different perspective.

Again, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I am guessing one of the two states may be MN! Oh the cuter ones the bride :) j/k

akshaye said...

both the jobs sound great... and i like your thinking on not being influenced. although there aren't that many states that are 500 miles away from ND for you to drive to. so you did give some clues ;)

the wedding is so exciting! thanks for sharing this.

IronGambit said...

um, just e-mail me and tell me ONLY I promise I won't tell anyone else! And I will not attempt to influence your decision based on location! :)

Brooke said...

This looks like it will be such a fun wedding. I have to agree with Phoenix though, no more working.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the wedding!

OK, I'm very curious about those two states now. :) Can't wait to hear the announcement that you have a job! :)

Enjoy your summer!

Unknown said...

Looking forward to hearing how this all turns out (wedding story and job situation)

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Good luck on the interviews and the wedding.

Jess said...

Awe getting your nails down with the girls was probably so much fun!

Good luck on the job decision! I can't wait to hear the outcome!