6.04.2007

Monday, Monday...

Yesterday was quite busy...for a Sunday. My sister, Mom and I took a trip out of town to pick up some lattice for the wedding. After that, I was able to sneak a peak of the Twins game...and took a short nap. Once my sister and Mom came home from their trip to the local hardware store, my Dad and I started to put together part of the picnic table they bought.

Then, while Steph and I painted the parts of the picnic table,


Mom and Dad spent a while putting together the arbor...

Then, this morning, I went out for a nice 4 mile run. Out and back. It was great. I followed the path along the golf course just north of our house and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. Maybe a little less humidity, but other than that it was a cool 56 degrees.

Once I got back, I went back to the grind with painting. Steph had pretty much put a second coat on the picnic table, and I spent the rest of the afternoon painting the arbor. Not so much fun. That lattice is a bugger... it is now white!


Tomorrow's challenge?? Doing some touch up painting on the wishing well mom cleaned up last night... ....and possibly starting on doing some touch up on some other lattice boards... fun!

Happy running, y'all!

18 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Wow! You are really working HARD.

Unknown said...

you've been a busy one! assembling, painting, running... what other skills do you have up your sleeve? and do you want to come help me with my house? no pretty wedding, but plenty of painting and assembling and such. :)

akshaye said...

wow you're busy! and 56 degrees weather... swap places with you any day to get away from the steady late 80's were in!

akshaye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenniferlyn said...

So when you are done there... I have a few painting projects you'd be perfect for! LMAO - in all seriousness - great job and hopefully you will have more time for naps!

Unknown said...

I'll leave all the painting to you. It is not my favorite thing to do. I am sure you made mom and dad happy.

J~Mom said...

This is going to be the nicest wedding!! All that painting has to just wear you out!!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Busy busy busy, see what happens when you move back home...just kidding...when is the wedding again? It's great that you can be there to offer so much help with it all...I"m sure your Mom and Sis appreciate your presence.
How is the job hunting going?

Great run too...especially since it would have been so easy to blow it off with all that work to be done.

Marcy said...

You're such a good daughter/sister . . . I'd totally be like "What? You want me to do something?" LOL You are one busy busy lady!!

jahowie said...

You guys are really putting a lot of effort into this. I'm looking forward to seeing pics from the wedding.

Wes said...

Painting is only fun if you get to paint everything in sight, including yourself! Nice run too! Four miles out and back rocks!!

Krista said...

Hey - I'm catching up after a while away. Congrats on all the big things going on in your life right now! Enjoy the summer and your sister's wedding, and try not to stress about the job too much. Things always work out.

Jess said...

Busy busy! And I'm so jealous of your weather. It's been in the high 80's and humid here. Ick

Neese said...

way to balance work and running! and the temperature sounds lovely!

Jess said...

Looks like a lot of work!

I wish it were 56 degrees here: it's been hovering around 90 the past few days and that's too hot!

Brooke said...

ooh, I hear you on the lattice paint. We stained our deck last summer and staining that lattice was a bugger.

Scott McMurtrey said...

i remember painting something once. i think it was fun...

looks like you all are having a great time with all the preps. and nice job squeezing in a run.

Ms Eva said...

We stained lattice for our rear deck a few years ago (we've since moved)... DH made a shallow bath with an old tarp that he filled with the stain. He then submerged each piece of lattice in the bath and when all parts were coated, he carefully lifted out the piece and stood them up to dry. It was a messy job but fast!

I guess this little tid-bit is only helpful if you plan to do more. :)

Great work, btw. Very cool that your family is all working together to make your sister's wedding memorable and beautiful.